I have been suffering from constipation for a few month now. everybody said I needed to eat a lot of vegetables to increase fiber, so I would have normal stool, so I did. I ate vegetables almost every day and was still constipated. Then I had a blood tests done and my doc said I wasn’t getting enough water. He also said that this is one of the reasons I was constipated. How so? How much water should I drink every day?

Hi! It is said that a person should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. This means that anything between 1,5 liters and 3 liters is good.
Your doctor was right about constipation and not drinking enough water. Even if you eat a lot of fibers, you need water, otherwise your stool will become stiff and hard. This is because bowels use a lot of water and if they take a lot of water, none of it will be left for the undigested food, so it won’t get soft and won’t be able to leave your bowels.