Hi, I am a mother to a five years old daughter. She started talking when she was almost three years old. Her vocabulary is very poor. Unlike the rest of the children in her class, she doesn't even know the days of a week. Does she have some kind of learning disability? When did you first notice learning disability of your child?

Hi, the problems that your child is having are consistent with learning disability. I wish I noticed these symptoms on my child earlier. The learning disability is a serious condition. The sooner you detect the problem, the chances that your child will have a normal life are greater. I noticed that something was wrong with my child when he was seven years old. He developed more slowly than the rest of his class. I saw his teacher and he referred me to a specialist who, after some tests, determined the weak and the strong points in the intellectual life of my child. You should do the same. Don't worry because learning disability may not be a sign that your daughter is intellectually weaker. She should only be thought different methods of learning then most of the children her age don't use.