Hi, I am 44 years old and I noticed some of the symptoms of perimenopause. I know that it won’t go away for many years, and then a real menopause comes. However, I’m not sure when do irregular periods usually start.

Hi, since I was 13, my periods were like clockwork. I am now thirty years older, and everything is starting to change. My periods are becoming irregular and unpredictable. It started at the same time as my other symptoms- hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings. I heard that some women in their forties didn’t have periods for 4-5 months, and then it suddenly appeared again. My mother had experienced something totally different. She had irregular periods all her life, and then they became like clockwork when she was 45. It seams like there’re no rules for the periods in perimenopause.