Hi, I have been trying to get pregnant for some time. I know that fertilization is usually the problem, but I wonder how does egg implant and when is implantation supposed to occur?

One of the ovaries releases the egg ready to be fertilized, called a mature egg. The egg is than sucked into a fallopian tube. Special mucus of lining of fallopian tube constantly moves and the egg is relocated toward the cavity in the womb. The sperms swim all the way from the vagina, through the womb and upstream through the fallopian tubes, to fertilize the egg. The fertilized egg cell is slowly sucked through the fallopian tubes into the cavity of the womb. It takes about five days after conception to move to womb. When the egg attaches itself to the endometrium , the lining of the womb, it means it has implanted. Implanted egg is nourished by it’s mother until birth.