I'm trying to find out about white bumps on the nipple. Descriptions and photos keep suggesting blocked ducts and breastfeeding issues. I was never able to breastfeed and I've had the bumps since my first child, now 19, and through unsuccessful attempts to breastfeed a second (13years) and third (4years) child.

I asked my dr in the very beginning and she said that it was normal, leave it alone or you could make them infected.

Maybe because I'm approaching 40 now and I look a little more carefully, or because I've grown tired of it and decided to express the recurring "stuff" anyhow, but it seems to me it's becoming a little more apparent.

So, I think it's time to ask again.

I'm looking to the internet because my doctor isn't even interested in the masses in my breasts which I have carried since my first child also. I suppose he's in the right because of it was anything significant, it would have progressed into something requiring treatment over the years.

I've found answers to everything I've ever looked up except for this. I'm not pregnant, not breastfeeding, and had had these expressible spots for years. It's not milk. If it is, it's... Um... Pretty old.

Thx.