Hi! I was planning to have breast reduction surgery next month. But yesterday I found that I’m pregnant. I’m very happy because of it, of course. But now I don’t know what to do with surgery. Maybe is best to cancel it? I’m wondering can you have a breast reduction surgery during early pregnancy?

Hi! If you want children, you need to postpone breast reduction surgery until you've had them. First, after this kind of surgery you maybe could not breastfeeding your child or it will be very difficult. And, probably you already know, changes to breast tissue during pregnancy could alter your surgical results. That’s my opinion.

Hello there mureil1820,

First of all congratulations on your pregnancy! It is so good to be a mother; you will see that by yourself very soon. Also I agree with leshia912 about your breast reduction surgery. It is very important to breastfeed your child for various reasons. First of all you will see that your breasts are growing even bigger and the tissue is changing as well so there is no point undergoing the procedure.

Second trough the milk your child will receive certain immunity for different things and you can’t risk the fact that you reduce your breasts and then you find yourself in the situation that you can’t breastfeed it. wait another year and something and then decide.