Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I have some very important questions to make. You see, about three years I had both my nipples pierced and I was very satisfied with the effect.
After six month I have even developed some infection but I have used some local antibiotics and everything turned well. About a month ago I have found out that I'm pregnant and that scarred me a bit because I have the white scarring on both my nipples where the ring was. I'm scarred that it could affect my breastfeeding and I don’t know what to do. So please, does anybody know anything about this or what could I do to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

Well, I have never had experience with nipple piercing but my close friend had so I will tell you some facts about it. When she decided to have her nipples pierced, she talked with her doctor about all this. He told her that many woman experience problems with nipples before breast feeding but as long as the scarring is not a result of a breast injury or surgery that severed milk ducts or major nerves were severed, she should be able to breastfeed.
In a case of piercing- he can't make no guaranties. The bottom line is that he doesn’t know will it affect breastfeeding because there were cases when severed milk ducts or major nerves were damaged in piercing and breastfeeding could not be performed. I suggest you to contact your GP and let him determine the health state of your nipples.