I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant October 3rd. My last period was August 29th and my due date is June 5th of next year (based on the date of my last period). I was with a guy for a few years and I know for a fact I had sex with him a few days before my last period started, but I'm not sure if we had sex after my period or not.. We broke up. Then, around September 22 I had sex with someone else. Who do you think the dad could be? All the dates confuse me and don't add up so could someone please help?  

Hi Shay,

You said your last period was August 29.  Is that when it started?  If so, that's day 1 of your cycle.  September 22 would have been day 24 of your cycle.  It would likely be a bit late for you to conceive.  

Normally you will ovulate between days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  The egg is only viable for 48 hours after ovulation.  Day 24 is well past that.

Having sex "a few days BEFORE" your period, it is unlikely you'd conceive - same reasoning as above.  You'd be at your lowest fertility.  If you had a "normal" period (as in like all your other periods) then it is unlikely you were pregnant.

5 weeks before October 3rd is August 29.  Most doctors base dates on your LMP because most women remember these dates.  You likely would have conceived about 2 weeks AFTER.

You're looking at a DNA test to be sure who the father is.  It looks like "someone else" was to late to become the father but there are no guarantees.

Good luck.

If I have a sex with a guy.. Then two weeks go by. I can't be 5 weeks pregnant by him. Right?

No, but most doctors base dates off of your LMP.

Did they do an ultrasound or how did they determine you were 5 weeks pregnant?

From my last period.

When you have a follow up - an ultrasound - they can narrow the date down some. It's still an estimate, no testing is exact and conception does not occur immediately.

A DNA test will likely be needed.

I had an ultrasound a week or two ago and I was around 9 weeks pregnant then if that tells you anything.

The ultrasound dating is also approximate but gives us an idea.

11 weeks ago, 9 weeks + 1-2 weeks, gives you August 25 for conception, favoring the ex.

we're actually back together.. so you just made my day. thank you thank you thank you! you are amazing. <3

No.. Actually I was about 8 weeks and 2-4 days? So, October 26th, I was about 8 weeks and a few days. So, I'm about 10 weeks now. So? 

10 weeks works out to about Sept 1.

Remember though, ultrasound dating is approximate.  There is no test that can conclusively say EXACTLY when you conceived.  It could be a bit either before/after the 1st.

Yeah, I understand. But the other guy is like a one in a million chance though.. Right? Because I couldn't had been 5 weeks pregnant by him when we had just had sex two weeks before then for the first time. Actually about a week and 5 days before then to be exact. Correct?

I still think it favors the ex but a DNA test is the only way to be positive.

Thanks. I'm trying to figure all this out so I won't have to do a DNA test though.. Because I really don't see the other guy being a possibility considering 2 weeks is to soon to tell that you're even pregnant and i found out at 5 weeks and that was way to late into the pregnancy for him to be the dad. I dont seem him really being an option at all. Especially since he claims he never got his. 

You are unsure.its not good to be a hoevacuum