ok - this should be easy, but my mind is going crazy and i need help. SO, Ive been with my partner for a long time now. We had some disagreements a while back, took a break - & i ended up having a one night stand that i wasn't TOO worried about, at the time. (at the END of  OCTOBER).

Im currently pregnant and due at the end of JUNE. Which would mean my baby is my boyfriends child, because i would of had to conceive at the end of Sept, or beginning of Oct. Right? 

I tried counting the days and weeks & etc etc.. If the baby was conceived at the end of October, then the due date would be in the middle of July sometime and not June.. 

Please put my mind to rest & help me out. :'(

Hi guest,

When did your LAST period start?  When did you have sex with your partner?  Do you know EXACTLY when you had sex with the one-night guy?

Post back and I'll do my best to narrow it down.  You may need a DNA test regardless but we'll try.

Dont remember my LMP but i do remember it was either the end of Aug, or beginning of Sept. The "one night stand" was Oct 25th.
I've slept with my current boyfriend before that date. The dr's say that I would of conceived the end of Sept or beginning of Oct.. But it still gets me nervous every time i think about it. Im due June 24th. So i dont thinkkkkkkk the one night stand guy has anything to do with it.. but you know, it gets my mind racing. Not a very good feeling.

If you are POSITIVE that you had one in late August or early September, then your next would have been due late September or early October.

It's very likely you were already pregnant when you had sex with "one-night guy."

Hope it helps.

That's what I was thinking.. I do remember having very bad cramps at the time with the one night guy..
I was probably already pregnant.. but thanks for the talk. Don't have anyone else to talk to about it..

I forgot to mention.. I took a pregnancy test on the 27th of October.. only 2 days after the 'one night' guy.. and it was positive.. I don't think it would have been so quick to come out positive, so early.. am I right? When I went to the docters a few days later, they said according to my blood levels I was in-between 4-6 weeks. So what do ya think?

It wouldn't be so quick, it's impossible. It takes about two weeks at a minimum for the tests to be accurate.

You were likely pregnant before "one-night" guy.

That helps. It should be your partner who's the dad, it's unlikely to be "one night guy."

thanks again so much Dan! You put my mind to rest. :)

i have a similar situation..that i am hoping you can help me with. i had my last period aug 6 2012, it was not a normal period, it didnt last as long as it usually does and i cramped so bad-which i never cramp. i had sex with my ex for 3-4 days which would of been july 25,26,28 and i want to say possibly the 29 i cant remember. i cramped the whole month of aug and i thought i was going to have another period that month but didnt. i had sex with another guy a couple of times for about 2 weeks off and on from the 12 of aug til the 25. i didnt have a period in sep, went to the doc the 11 of sep and found out i was 6 weeks preg. and dd was may 10. i did not have an ultrasound until i was 17 weeks and they only measured the head and said it measured at 17 weeks, well i have been measuring 4 weeks smaller then what they have me down at so i had another ultrasound at 32 weeks and the tech said the baby was measuring at 30 weeks which put my dd at may 18. the hospital said my dd was may 12, so i have 3 different dd's. i am trying to figure out who would the dad be with all of this, my doctor kept asking if i was sure my lmp was the 6 of aug and i said yes but i cramped and she just uh huh. i didnt feel right the whole month of aug so idk if it was my body telling me i was preg or not and i know some woman can bleed and still be preg but im confused and in my 3d ultrasound the baby looks like my ex the one i had sex with back in july, i also had sex with him the 30 of aug and on..we are back together, it was like i was drawn to him which was weird bc we hated each other lol help me please

Hi ijm,

It's hard to say. The key is whether or not that was a period or not. Normally due dates are based upon your last menstrual period. The doctor seems uncertain as well. Ultrasounds are only an approximation.

When did you expect your period in early August? If it was on time then it seems unlikely you were pregnant. The timing would have been late in your cycle but would cover the latter part of when you were likely fertile.

Don't base paternity on an ultrasound. You need a DNA test. That's the only way you'll know for sure.

Good luck. Wish I had more for you.

my period or whatever it was came early i usually didnt start my cycle til about the 3 week of every month, it was roughly 2 weeks after my period in july that i ended up having another one in aug..so it was about a week or so early

Two weeks after your period you would normally be ovulating. Implantation usually doesn't happen for about a week after that OR a week before your period is due. That's when implantation bleeding can happen and it is normally a very light spotting, no pad needed.

While I think it is the ex that is the father, based more on the info you just provided, we can't say for sure.

It seems your doctors aren't certain when conception occurred either.

You're likely going to need a DNA test.