i have been sweating under my arms for years, it get worse when i am in public.are there any cures besides surgery.it is so embarressing i cant where the clothes i want without a big wetspot underneath my arms and it is so noticeable.does anyone have any advice

Hyperhydrosis is the problem. There are solutions to your problem but there are some side effects. There's a product called Drysol which is only prescribed by a doctor. It works but you have to aply it at least 2-3 nights before you see results. For more information contact your doctor.

You'd think you should use it, and drug stores and deodorant brands would have you believe you should, but sometimes the aluminum they put in antiperspirant actually makes the sweating worse. I used to sweat from my pits like a leaky faucet. I would sit there, NOT hot, comfortable, and sweat from my pits. sometimes it would drip a little down my side. Gross, embarassing, and extremely annoying. I tried all of thsoe Red Zone Old SPice, and Gillette, and even the mega "doctor recommended", to no avail.

Try a stick of plain old deodorant only, NOT anti-persp. Also, when you wash in the shower, scrape your pits with your fingernails while washing. Almost to the point of discomfort. This will help remove dead skin cells that "pile up" in your pits which can attribute to the blocked pores, so I was told.

I tried everything I just mentioned and it worked, give it a week or 3 and it should help you.

i have a big prodlum i cam not wair aney raguler shers with out swating and i try every thing and i do not know what to do and i do not wont to go to the doktres and ask than about it you know any thing i can use to help it over the coter or aney thing

Use the deodarent DRY IDEA, its the only deodarant that works for me!

Switch from antiperspirAnt to regular deodorant. It may take a week or 2 but it does work. It happened to me for years until a college friend told me to lose the ap. Try it.

I found Adidas action 3 to be the only one so far to work for me
Sometimes the other kinds work for a day and you buy them and then they stop working
but this one has been the best so far in the regular section no doctor and it doesnt smell bad

hi all i have the same problem i sweat and sweat and it is very annoying and uncomfatorble,

however i found a solution for this! it requires will power lol, first of all you need to shower then shave ur arm pits. yes i know sounds stupid but trust me.
then get another shower and rub your pits hard, it may hurt but it works. then use a deoderant called 'mitchems new and improved' its green and silver.

its a really good method and its atcually does work i have read loads of different types of treatment tried them alllllllll and this is the only one that works for me, why not give it a try :-)

another temperary method is apply talcom powder to ur pits but only works for about 30mins :-P.

sorry about the bad grammer.

My oldest son tried everything, and nothing worked. It was affecting his life at every level. Hyperhydrosis was making him run like a faucet. He had decided he wasn't going to attend his own high school graduation out of sheer embarrassment.
He finally went at 17 (2 weeks before Grad) and had Botox injections with a Dermatologist and he stopped sweating, almost completely (he would only sweat when doing a tough work-out, and no other time). It lasted a full year and he went back for another shot, and again it has lasted 11 months. We will see soon whether he has outgrown it or whether he'll need another shot. He says he would highly recommend it!
JM

Hi all, the simple fact is that what ever type of Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) you suffer from, you suffer from this for one reason. The sweat glands in your effect body area are non regular. Basically not tuned correctly for a better phrase. It very rarely has anything to do which hormone in-balance or the fact you are dirty or unfit. If you are looking for a quick medical fix you don't need to try a variety of deodorants like i did or go to extreme lenghts such as shave your arm pits i the shower and applying ten layers of a so called high power antiperspirant deodorant.

A lot of research and I stumbled across a solution. A chemical called aluminium chloride when applied through a roll on antiperspirant called Anhydrol Forte effective covers the sweat gland and numbs them not allowing them to sweat.

NOW this treatment works, not for everyone maybe but it works with a price. It burns like mad and makes your armpits tingle. You apply it at night after showering and drying your armpits or whatever body part. Then settle down for an uncomfortable night. The next night do the same but I guarantee it will be 100 times more comfortable as your body is used to it. Now it all depends on how much you want to to stop sweating. The first time I tried it I went a little over the top with it as I was desperate and wanted it to work. I had to shower the stuff off at 2am. The next night I tried again and applied a little less and although uncomfortable it worked the next day 50% less sweating easily. The following night I applied again and could barely tell it was on. The following day 100% dry.

Now nearly 2 years on I go through this procedure once every 3 months, otherwise normal antiperspirants do the job. To be honest most of the time I don't need to use them but I do for the refreshing smell.

Remember a fast and effective solution requires some tough love so only use this approach if you are desperate and if you have gone this far to find a solution to your problem then I thick you are ready.

Good luck

Hello, I was been having the same problem as most of you. Except I do have Social Anxiety Disorder, GAD, Or maybe post traumatic stress syndrome or something. All started in late 2004 and than a couple months into 2005 I started to have severe panic attacks/anxiety issues. As summer came the anxiety was an all day everyday thing, from morning to sleep. This is just for a background since I doubt I have hyperhydrosis or whatever its called lol.

I started to sweat uncontrollably from every spot on my body all day, even while sleeping it would happen. So I was put on medication that deals with social anxiety and the sweating went away, except for the daily sweaty palms.

Sometime while working at a job I started having these sweating issues again but this time it was far worse and very strange. If I was working (it was basically manual labor so you think I would sweat) I would be fine but once I stopped I would start sweating under the arm pits only (not counting sweaty palms.. because that doesnt bother me half as much). Than after a couple weeks it was every time I was not actually physically doing anything. As winter hit in 2008 I found out that the cold makes me sweat even more! Cold sweat too... not like im overheated or anything. So as my shirt becomes a water park under the arm pits I get colder, which makes me sweat more, which makes me even colder until I change a shirt. In 2008 I was going through 2-3 shirts a day not counting work.

Now being 2011, its gotten to the point where I cant stand it. Doesnt matter what temperature it is I will sweat under the pits uncontrollably, and its much worse during the winter. Wouldnt u think hot weather would make u sweat more? Ive gone outside in a t-shirt in the winter and I'll have 2 stains in literally around 1 minute to 5 minutes. At this point I have to actually travel around with extra shirts, and long sleeves at all times. Usually 3 shirts and 2 long sleeves whenever I leave the house since its winter (summer time I just have to bring shirts with me).

I have tried medication through my psychiatrist to help, and Ive also tried bout every deoterent that I and my doctor can find. Ive used gels, the white deoterant, under the counter, over the counter and nothing has worked. I havent tried plain deoterant yet however I have even tried WOMENS deoterant as well but will try the plain kind because I was thinking maybe the aluminum and everything thats in deoderant.

In an average day I'll go through around 8 t-shirts. Sometimes its only 4-5 and sometime I'll go through 7 in just 2 hrs. When I wake up Im ok for a couple hrs. Right after I take a shower thought the sweating starts. I even have my set of "soak shirts" as I call them. Basically its old white t-shirts that I put on after taking a shower, which the shirt stays on for about 5-10 minutes. By the end of the day Ive sweat so much my body is just plain cold.

Sorry for the long message but I wanted to explain everything so anyone who has any idea whats going on with my arm pits can give me some advice. This could all be from having severe anxiety problems but Im not sure why this extreme arm pit sweating started so quick, out of nowhere, after 4 yrs of having anxiety issues.

Thanks to whoever reads this and has any info they can share. I will be bookmarking this site so I can check up every now and than to see if any responses have popped up. Thanks for caring :-)

I have the same exact problem...This sux, and I have to buy some more shirts.. I feel like a magician that has to convince the world that i'm wearing the same shirt...It takes much planning and $ for shirts and laundry. It's frikkin rediculous...It all happened after i was on antidepressants......I think that triggered it

xxxx r rr

Well if anything all I can say is you fellas changing shirts 3-5 times a day and sweating everywhere all the time... You are not alone and I guess I am not either. Its satisfying to see that others are having this problem but disconcerting to see that there appears to be no real answer. I dont have an answer to the problem but I have a clothing tip that saved me alot of hassle.

The material that golf shirts are made of does not show sweat, Under-armor clothes make hoodies and sweatshirts made of this same material so does Nike and various other sporting companies. The blacks and whites hardly ever show sweat at all, the cloth could be dripping wet and nobody can see it.

Due to this discovery, I now live in polo shirts made of this material with a regular undershirt and even though it does soak the hell out of my undershirt I keep it on most of the day because the outter material from the sport polo or hoodie does not show sweat.

This is my biggest tip, Ive been living with this for nearly 11 years. I have tried everything prescription anti persperants, regular sticks of deoderant, non regular sticks, hippy remidies even freaking tea and herbs! Also tried nothing, just going natural. Also Even anxiety medication, I have had numerous tests done and nothing is wrong with my hormones, blood sugars or whatnots.
Nothing Im regular except for sweating out more water than I am able to drink in a day... or at least it seems. Anyway I digress, it seems for now there is not a cure aside from botox or surgery so instead we must manage with the things one has.
(In my case not alot of money)

The material of these shirts are amazing, they are the same as the underamor products and nike training gear but they are hooded sweatshirts, jackets, and t-shirts as well as dressier polo shirts. I would try and stay away from the exact products of nike or under armor if your low on money as they are expensive name brands, however you can find offbrand shirts at regular stores like Target or Wal-Mart as well as online the material is the same.

I really hope this helps anyone who may see this, Get some of these shirts!!! If you don't wear polo shirts, you should anyway they are casual and dress at the same time. I know that's sort of opinionated but they do have regular t shirt styles too. You will be surprised how people will look at you differently when you wear a smart looking polo shirt though.

Remember White and Black hardly ever shows sweat when made of this stuff, blue shows some, light blue will show a strange sort of sheen I dont know how to explain it. Actually now that I think of it thats all Ive tried, I have 2 white polos, 2 black polos, then some white ones with stripes on them ya know how they look. and then I have 2 black tshirt style and 2 white tshirt style a white hoodie and a black hoodie. I live in these and thanks to the polo shirts I can live at work/school with this and not be as embarrassed.

i have the same problem. i am 11 and its so embarresing. i play basket ball and i have to wear light  yeallow and im freighted out!!!! plz help