Give us your reasons for having kids.

It was part of the package. ;)

Because I was somehow blessed. To me, my kids are like winning the lottery every day. :D

Would you like to adopt a 35 year old?

Would you like to adopt a 35 year old?
Sure!

Personally, I think life is just wonderful. And being part of bringing more lives into this world gives me a purpose.

I wanted to be a mom ever since I can remember. It wasn't a choice, it was something that was "when" not "if". The experience of going through a person's childhood with them and yet seeing it all for how it really is, through an adult's eyes, is just amazing.

Sharing that with my girls and watching them learn and develop, being a part of shaping two humans is something I didn't even know I wanted; I just wanted babies. But I am sure glad I found out that other stuff.

We were really surprised. We wanted a child, but farther down the road, not right out of the starting gates.

gosh, that's almost impossible to answer. not that i don't have any valid reasons, maybe i just couldn't have imagined life without a little circle of a family around me. i wanted little feet in my house so bad i was nearly insane until i heard them, then i was nutso

To love and be loved

Ditto that.
And as an only child and the last member in the branch of my family with my last name, I had some, um, "pressure" to have kids.

Tax deductions and credits

had kids so I wouldn't have to do all those household chores I hate doing mowing the lawn, taking out the garbage, etc.

How did that work out for you?
Mine's almost 50 now and living in his childhood room. Think "Failure To Launch".
The only job we ask him to do is empty the waste baskets, we have a dumpster. It's a looooong 50 foot walk. Whenever I mention to my wife the wastebasket has been full for a month now on my way to work, they are empty when I get home. I can't imagine who might have emptied them while I was gone. Probably a neighbor sneaked in.

so I could find out exactly how loud I can yell :(