I saw in an article that today's kids have a lower life expectancy because of obesity. What do you think about that? Do you have kids, and what do you think about preventing obesity in kids? What is the reason obesity is such as problem in kids now? I'd love to hear all your opinions about this!

I am very plus sized myself. I know that it isn't healthy, and I have done a lot to try and reduce my weight. I am proud to say I lost 10 kilos within the last year. Our son is 2 years old at the moment. I hope that I will be able to establish some healthy eating patterns myself so he will not pick up on my binge eating.

I think that healthy eating starts in childhood. Those children who only ever eat "junk" or "fast" foods will be challenged to eat better later on in life. I think that a lot of bad eating is due to lack of time on the part of the parents. Everyone works long hours, and cooking can be difficult sometimes. But it is important to make sure we get all the nutrients we need, and it is even more important for our kids.

Obesity only really became a problem when fast food was invented. Before that in medieval times most often peasants were healthier then their rulers because the kings and queens feasted on mostly meat dishes (peasants ate vegetables). Fast food is marketed towards children by:
* Including toys with meals.
*Advertising with bright colored adverts often including animated characters.
Also peoples work ethic is decreasing, why go cook a healthy dinner when you can drive to a McDonald and buy a quick and easy dinner. Obsesity in children could be prevented by teaching them better in the ways of healthy eating. And forcing them to eat healthy.