Hello! I am a 19-year-old female who has had chronic pain in the mid-right back just below the bottom-most rib, except towards the interior of the body. I had a urine test, which came out clear, but my doctor did assign me to have an ultrasound of both kidneys, the bladder, and the reproductive organs. The pressure on the right kidney during the ultrasound was so painful, but the tech was saying that she hadn't found anything "scary." I just don't think this pain could be muscular though. I am in quite a lot of pain at the moment and the pain is throbbing. I stretched the skin and palpated the same area on both sides and there feels like a ovular lump on the right side in the same spot except the longways axis is parallel to the ribs. The pain is coming in waves. Any ideas? Could the radiologist tell something that the tech could not? I've tried heat and massage for months and nothing is working.

Did you find an answer to your problem? i would be very keen to know. thx u

Did you ever talk with your doctor. This can't be right.
As a matter of fact, kidneys alone do not have any kind of sensory nerve. So the there won't be any kind of pain over there. But nerve system does exist widespread in renal capsule, renal pelvis and ureter. Hence, renal pain is often involved in the tractive capsule, spams of renal pelvis and ureter, or infections.

People with various kinds of kidney diseases would experience different kind of back pain. But one cannot say that backache is related to kidney disease. As far as I know, various diseases results in the pain, such as pelvic disease, lumbar muscle strain, prolapse of intervertebral disc, to name a few.

Go run some tests to figure out what exactly the underlying causes are. Whatever it is, you cannot be too careful.