I dated a guy with what I believe to be bipolar disorder type 1, for almost 3 months- only a little over one month were we official. Everything was fantastic from the beginning, not only when he was manic. He seemed to love me and said that he did. He would occasionally mention that he might be manic or bipolar, but I took no heed to this, because he always seemed fine when he said it, and I just thought he was overreacting like some people do. I had no idea what bipolar meant. If I had known what I know now (from extensive research), then I would say he was in a manic state for about 2 weeks, and then crashed. When he crashed, he shut me out completely, and broke up with me, telling me he wanted to remain friends and wasn't sure if he loved me. A little over a month later, we are still broken up, and only talk every once in awhile. He says he doesn't really want to talk to me so much, that it pushes him further away from me and he doesn't know why. Now he's saying he isn't sure if he even wants to be friends, and that I am better off without him. He said he gets "bad vibes" about he and I together, and while he was in his manic state, experienced hallucinations of demons. I have not seen him since, but I think he is fine for the most part when it comes to his friends, just not with me. Maybe this is just him doing his best to control the depression, I don't really know. However, he has not been diagnosed with the disorder, or even gotten it checked out. He has not done research, and thinks that all of this in his head is completely real, which is most likely why he won't talk to me- the bad feelings and vibes he gets. I am not sure if he will get over these vibes, and as much as I understand what he's going through, I have no idea at the same time. I can't talk to him without pushing him away, and I have no idea what to do or think. I would like to wait for him, I don't mind waiting a very long time, I just don't know if he will come back to me at all and that's the scary part. What should I think of these "bad vibes" and what should I do?

You might need to consider the fact that he might be tacking steroids because a common side effect is mood swings. Have you noticed any particular increase in muscle size in a short amount of time?

he is not on steroids or any medication other than drugs he endulges himself in