yep... you guessed it. that's what my feet sound like when i'm running. i read a thread some where that said that it has to do with my running style, but can't find the thread anymore. anyone know how to fix my problem?

You might be overstriding. Have someone watch you run. When you are running, your feet should be landing beneath you. If they land in front of you, that means you are overstriding. That's my only guess.

Read the earlier post on "Short fast strides or long strides"
I suppose it depends on just how much you want to improve your speed/running. I have known quite a few foot slappers who have got over the ground pretty well.
However it sounds to me like you need to do about 10 minutes of drills to promote an active foot strike. Depending on how serious you are about your running, and I'm only just scratching the surface here you might like to try
Ankling:
say over 15 metres.
This teaches you the importance of a rigid dorsiflexed and active foot strike as opposed to what I suspect you are doing, running with a 'dangling foot' action.
Try running about 6 to 8 of these before you run.
Start off slow.
Basically what you are doing is stepping over the opposite ankle joint with a quick action, at the same time think of pointing your big toe at your knee cap.
Keep your steps short for the first two or three then gradualy increase your stride.
Again, I have only scrached the surface here but it should help and its about as good as I can do without seeing you run.