I have developed two nasty blisters, one on the top/inside of each foot. I can't even put shoes on today. Why would this happen all of a sudden? I've been using the same shoes for about a month now and they are the exact same shoes I had before only in a wider size.

I took some time off last week because of a re-occurance of plantar faciaitis pain but I didn't get blisters when I first started back to running so a week off shouldn't all of a sudden make me prone to blisters this weekend when my shoe and sock combo are the same as they have always been right?

High temps = sweatier feet = more blisters? That's the only thing I can think of.

This may only pertain to my wacky little feet,
but when I have played ball in tournaments and kept my cheap cleats on for to long over a weekend my monday morning runs in my good shoes almost always produce big fat blisters.
Its just a thought, but it took me 3 weeks to put it together.

Tracy

I'm also guessing that even though you consciously don't realize it, you've altered your footfall slightly because of the injury. I've gone through this a few times where I'm recovering from one thing and cause another because I unwarily stride a little different to subdue any aches. With that plantar fasciitis, it's my guess you landed just different enough to rub a part of your shoe that you didn't before.
Are you fully recovered from the PF? You might want to take some more time off if not. With the bouts of PF I had, I considered it okay to run once I could walk 3-miles without any aches. Good luck!

Sorry MJ, no advice. I haven't been plauged with blisters yet (and probably just jinxed myself).

Hi to Ktvol!

are you using the toe loop when you lace up? take your lace out of that, and it will open the toe box.... i just bought blister shield because of blisters, pretty much, if i increase miles (did you increase your miles???), i get them. they are a pain. hope something works out for you.

Take care,

Shelly

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use