Hi. I have some problems with my digestion lately. It looks like I am allergic to some types or food. I still hope that this is just some weird period and that it will pass. But it has been going for over a month now. I really have to do something about it. I will probably be doing a food allergy test. A girl I met at the hospital, who has similar issues, suggested I should try Elimination diet. She explained me the process and everything, but it is so restrictive and demanding… I’m afraid I won’t be able to do it. So I gave up right away, but I thought - the least I can do is to find out what are the least allergenic foods promoted by this diet and then try to eat those most of the times. Could somebody write me a list of those foods?

Well, there is no universal safe food you know. That is why it doesn’t exist an universal Elimanation diet that fits everybody. It is much more complicated than that.

But since you are asking which foods are usually accepted and known to be safe by most of people + they are promoted by this diet, I have a few tips.

Eat rice. Rice is great and usually completely harmless, eat it as often as you can. Another safe food  is turkey. And rice and coconut milks are seemed to be fine. You cannot use any sweeteners with the milk though. Except Stevia if you have to.

I was once on this diet and it has been a nightmare for me. I felt better in a way-  I did not have any difficulties regarding digestion.  But I also felt so exhausted with and tired of all the restrictions. It felt like it was never going to end. And I only followed it for 21 days as it is recommended.

As for the safe food, I agree rice is totally harmless. Eat a lot of vegetables and fresh fruits (almost all of them are allowed). Opt for olive oil rather than any other. Drink a lot of water and herbal teas. 

There are actually many things that are safe when you follow this diet. Of course, the more food you avoid, the better the feedback of this diet will be. And the better you will be able to notice some food sensitivities.

But for example you can consume all sorts of spices and condiments. You can add sea salt or fresh pepper to your food. Stuff like oregano, garlic, parsley leaves and rosemary are all pretty safe.

When it comes to fish and meat, the least allergenic are all kinds of fish, turkey, wild game and lamb.

So as you can see there are some nice options.