Hello. I am having some problems with certain types of food. I am not allergic (as my doctor thought at first) I just have some problems with my bowels and it is hard for me to digest lactose, gluten and who knows what else. This is why I decided to follow Elimination diet.

The only problem is, I am going to language summer camp this summer in London. I won't be able to keep up with my diet there, so I will need to finish it before 15th of June.

Is that possible? Do you know for how long does this diet last?

Hi Regina_Phalange. I can feel your pain. I have some difficulties with digestion myself. I hope this diet will help you deal with it better.

As for your question, this program lasts for 21 days. Actually, in the first 21 days you are supposed to eat three meals a day. And every meal must be from the Elimination diet meals exclusively. Later on, you will re-introduce other things to your menu to see how will your body respond. That could take a while, maybe you should leave it for when you come back.

P.S. I went to the summer camp in London once, that was the best time of my life.

Well, the best idea would be to postpone it. When you come back from London, you can do it without a hurry.

And if you really want to do it before, maybe you can cut down the first 21 days to 15? I don’t now how would that work, but I know some people do it. I read somewhere that the length of an elimination diet can vary. It depends on the severity of symptoms and you age.  For children a 7-10 day elimination diet would probably be enough, but the adults should be following the program for about three to four weeks.