Dear all

My daughter recently taught me to use all these social networks. I now have a facebook profile and my family added me as their friend. The other day I saw an ad for a diet called Elimination diet. And today my facebook friend shared an article about this diet. I’ve always been sensitive to some foods so I called my doctor today and asked her about this diet, and she said I should try it.

If someone knows a recipe or two for this diet, share it here. I have already written down a couple of them in my notebook, but I will need more cooking ideas.

Thank you in advance. Marcia.

Hello dear

I have a recipe for you. It is a recipe for the green smoothie. It is very healthy. You will need the next ingredients:  

one ripe pear,

cored small handful of fresh mint leaves

two large kale leaves

one large frozen banana

two cups of water and

the juice of one small lemon.

Take all these ingredients and put them in a blender. Blend them until they are totally smooth and creamy. You can serve this right away. If you don’t want to use it immediately you can pour it into a jar and put it in your refrigerator. It can be stored for up to  two or three days. 

And here’s another one for you Marcia. I hope you will like it. It is a recipe for blueberry syrup. The ingredients needed:

one cup of fresh or frozen blueberries one cup of water two tablespoons of maple syrup or agave nectar and two tablespoons of arrowroot powder.

Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix them until smooth. Now you should pour liquid into a saucepan, a small one,  and heat over medium heat until you begin to see little bubbles forming. Then reduce the heat a little and continue to cook while whisking. It only lasts for about 3 to 5 minutes. 

Here is a recipe for banana coconut cookies.

You will need:

1/3 cup of melted coconut oil,

one teaspoon of vanilla,

1/3 cup of mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium),

half teaspoon of organic almond flavoring,

quarter teaspoon of sea salt,

two cups of blanched almond flour,

two tablespoons of maple syrup,

one cup of unsweetened shredded coconut,

and half teaspoon of baking soda.

Mix together all these ingredients in a bowl. Put them in a refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take cookie dough and make small balls out of it. Bake those for about 15 minutes. That’s all.

I have a recipe for watermelon lime slushies.             

I love this recipe, it is so simple and so tasteful in the same time.

Keep in mind that you will need to buy seedless watermelon if you want to make this recipe.

Here are the ingredients that you will need:

four cups of chopped seedless watermelon, four cups of ice cubes, juice of two limes, small handful of fresh mint and two to three teaspoons of raw honey.

The preparation is very easy. You just place lime juice, the chopped watermelon,  honey, and fresh mint into a blender. Add ice cubes and blend until smooth. Enjoy.:) 

I just remembered another one that fits Elimination diet.

It is a recipe for raw super green salad. The ingredients:

eight cups of thinly sliced raw greens (kale, collards, chard), quarter cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil, one teaspoon of sea salt and one to two cloves of crushed garlic.

Take all of these ingredients and put them into a bowl (medium sized). You should then massage gently all the ingredients together with your hands to begin breaking down the fibers.

Then, let the salad marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature and you are done. 

I love that salad, I make it all the time. My daughter is following elimination diet, but the rest of us often eat the same food I prepare for her, since it is both healthy and delicious.

I will write a recipe for nightshade free cucumber radish salsa.

List of ingredients:

two medium diced small cucumbers, one small diced daikon radish, 

one half of small sweet diced onion,  half cup of chopped cilantro,  half teaspoon of sea salt and juice of one lime or one to two tablespoons of raw coconut vinegar.

Put all these ingredients into a bowl and toss them together. Leave it for an hour in order that flavors can mix. That’s it.