Hello everybody. Ever since I was a child I had problems with my digestive system. I’ve been told I am lactose intolerant. My doctor said I should try to avoid foods that contain gluten and soya. I really have a problem when I want to go somewhere for a couple of days. I must inform myself first about available restaurants in that area and if they serve the kind of food I can eat. It can be really exhausting. People often recommend me to try elimination diet so I can find out exactly what I should avoid. And I’ve decided to try it. I am wondering can this diet also help me lose some pounds?

I was following this diet, but only for a few weeks. I wanted to find out more about my food sensitivities, but it was too hard for me, so I gave up. I am going to do the food allergy test instead.

In those couple of weeks, I felt a bit hungry all the time. It’s because I was used to high calorie meals and I couldn’t get used to that sudden change.

I must say I did lose a couple of pounds.

And the woman who suggested me to try this diet also mention it is possible I will lose some pounds.  

I hear all the time that weight loss is a common side benefit to the elimination diet. I don’t really believe in that. You will lose weight if you don’t follow it correctly. I think this diet has a little, if anything to do with weight loss.  

Of course if you are going to starve yourself and restrict the calories, you will lose weight. But if your calorie income is the same as before, and you take enough fiber, eat beans, permitted whole grains, whole fruits and vegetables, homemade vegetable soup, nuts and seed, you should be able to maintain your current weight.