I ma currently suffering with GAD and panic disorder is weight loss a common symptom with these illnesses

Absolutely 'normal, if you want to call it that! When you feel under stress or in panic mode, generally your stomach starts to churn and you may even feel nauseous. Your mouth may be too dry to produce the saliva necessary for chewing and swallowing and everything may taste like sawdust. This is all the effects of too much adrenalin in your system, adrenalin that is produced whenever your panic button has been pressed.

Having said that, I would keep an eye on your weight as too much weight loss can make you feel shaky and weak (and thereby increase the GAD and panic disorder).

It may be an idea, if you are having difficulty eating a full meal, to obtain some easily digested food supplements such as Complan to build up your strength and stamina.

I hope you feel better soon. I know from first hand experience just what you are going through. It may take a little while, but it does eventually go away and you can lead a normal life again.