I am 22 and have been an try cycln low for 7 months now, this month my period wasnt really a period. it came a day early and was so light i didnt have to wear anything. I had one day of 'normal' bleeding but even then it was light. I am suppost to start my pill again tomorrow. I have taken 2 pt and they were both negative. I know when my mom was preggers all 4 times she didnt show on pee test, she needed blood work to test early on in her pregnancies. I am really good with taking my pill at the same time everyday and i didn't miss one but i just read that if you have diarea that that can make the pill inefective and i had a bad flu for 2 weeks the past month with the runs. I am worried I am preggers, i cant get to the doctors for at least 3 days. I want to start the pill casue if i am not already I dont want to get pregnent. If i am will taking the pill hurt the baby?

I was trying to find out about the same thing – how dangerous birth control pills are in early pregnancy and I was completely surprised, although it kind of makes sense. It’s not recommended, of course, that you take birth control if you know you’re pregnant, but it happens very often among women who weren't expecting to get pregnant and continued taking the pill. Taking pills still does increase risk of number of problems with both mother and child, but the risk is low if you stop taking them as soon as you know you pregnant. But still, you’ll have the test in three days and somehow it seems that its worth to maybe skip the pill until then and use other forms of contraception this month. Chances are that you’re not pregnant and that you should continue with pill, but you’ll have to think about which option will you choose.