Hello, for some background info, I am 17 about to turn 18 on the 26th of this month. I try to be as healthy as possible and I am very active. Last night I was taking a shower when I noticed that I have a small but rather painful (when I touch it) lump underneath the skin in between my scrotum and inner thigh. The lump is more of on the base of my scrotum but hurts when I touch it. It is not swollen what so ever so hopefully that's some good news but I was wondering if anyone knew what this could be? 

I pray it's not cancerous, I can't put my girlfriend and family though that kind of pain. I would ask my parents to take me to the doctor but I don't want to alarm them in case it's not that serious. Please help, I am a bit concerned.

Thank you so much to those who give me well put/informative answers and NOT troll like everyone else had on just about every other website.

Hi Fish,

It does not sound like testicular cancer.  If it was, the tumor would be on the testicle itself, not the scrotum.

I'm thinking swollen lymph node but I'm honestly not exactly clear as to where the pain is.

If it continues, see your doctor.