I am married for more than 5 years but it is been more than a year now since I try to conceive and nothing happened so I am pretty much worried about possible infertility. The fact is that I really have abnormal periods which are not regular but I never though this is something I should be alarm of but I am now so desperate and worried about possible infertility and am already 36. Please someone help!

I was in kind of a same situation-I thought I am infertile for I have tried for about 2 years to conceive but nothing so I was advised by my gin to have all the possible test available to determine infertility and also my husband needed to be examined and tested for sometimes it happens it is their "mistake" also-so he also had physical exam and afterwards he had semen analysis as well as blood testing but it turned out it was all ok with him so I was the "defected" one but since I had this period problem just like you so it turned out my ovulation was not right due to some hormone levels that weren't normal and this condition was determined by blood test that was followed with ovarian reserve testing-which determines the potential eggs effectiveness after ovulation and I failed this one too. Anyway since my diagnose was determined this way and the prognosis were good for it was about possible infertility but there is an effective treatment for this which I was prescribed too and is called restoring or bringing about fertility and so I was prescribed some fertility drugs that works as sort of ovulation induction so I was taking Clomid orally which effects ovarian follicle that contains an egg to grow and I was also taking bromocriptine which is usually prescribed for woman who deals with irregular periods and anyway pretty soon after this therapy I conceived but I was being monitoring frequently for these drugs usually cause multiple pregnancies where the risk of premature birth is very common and therefore the health complications in newborns are much higher.