Hello! I really do not know what to do anymore. I have chronic tonsillitis with bouts of fatigue. My doctor told me that I need to rest and that my immune system has to fight virus which caused this tonsillitis. Actually, I did not tell my doctor anything about bouts of fatigue because they started few days ago. What do you recommend me? Thank you!

Hello! I think that you need to contact your doctor as soon as possible and probably visit him. I hope that I am not right, but I think that you have tonsillitis which is caused by Coxsackie virus. This virus attacks your muscles and can seriously damage your heart. It is causing fatigue. You will need to do medical exams and see if I am right.

Hi there,
Your doctor is right, you will need to rest as much as you can. The fatigue feeling is most likely caused by the body’s exhaustion with your tonsillitis. Has your doctor given you any medication? Do you use any antibiotics to fight the virus? I don’t know if your doctor even mentioned this as an option, but if people have problems with their tonsils for long period of time they tend to get them out with a surgical procedure. Have you consider to get your tonsils out so you don’t have problems with tonsillitis anymore? Do you feel any swelling in your mouth?
Try to drink enough of water because it will help with the healing and pain.