Hello! I want to know could I have tonsillitis without a sore throat. I am asking you this because I have noticed that my tonsils are enlarged, but my throat is not sore. I know that tonsils actually glands and I am afraid of this. What do you suggest me to do? I am thanking you in advance for your prompt reply!

Hello! I can tell you that I have never heard for tonsillitis without a sore throat. Sore throat is one of the main tonsillitis symptoms. I think that something else caused your enlarged tonsils. You will need to visit your doctor and do some tests because of this. I do not want to fright you, but could be some kind of cancer…

Hi there,
Tonsillitis is a condition that affects many people today. You have to understand that tonsillitis has many symptoms and sore throat is definitely one of these symptoms. However sometimes it is possible not to have a sore throat but to have an infection of the tonsils. You will notice the swelling, as you have it right now. I presume that your throat will get sore in a day or two. I think that this is one of those things that you can’t avoid and you will have some problems with it. Have you considered seeing a doctor? Are you using any medication to prevent any further complications? You can also have a surgery to remove your tonsils as well.