Hello! I have two children and the first time this year I caught viral tonsillitis from them; the second time this year same thing. But this, the third, time, I got tonsillitis on my own. I do not know what to do know: should I visit my doctor or just rest at home with vitamins pills ad fluids. Thank you in advance!

Hello! I think that you will need to visit your doctor because you have pretty good chances for chronic tonsillitis if you do not treat this one properly. I am sure that your doctor will tell you if you have viral or bacterial tonsillitis this time and what treatment will be appropriate for you. I hope this helps you!

Hallo,
Having tonsillitis this often is not very good. You might even consider to have an surgery to remove your tonsils. The fact is that antibiotics should help you each time you have this condition but having it too often might not be very pleasant. You should see your doctor and see if this is not something more serious. In my opinion he will also suggest that you have tonsillectomy to remove your tonsils. You will only go through the recovery foe few weeks and you won’t have any further complication with you tonsils. Also you can take your kids as well to check their tonsils in order to see if they need to remove the tonsils as well.