Hi guys.

I really have a problem with my dog. :/

Namely, he is having diarrhea since yesterday and he is really weak because of that. I don’t know what could be the cause of it but it is really bad. His condition is very strange to me because I didn’t change his canned foods that he ordinary eats. I am giving him these brands since he was a puppy and he never had any problems with digestion or something like that.

I am not really a fan of vets so I would prefer some home remedies for my dog’s diarrhea. Can you recommend any?

Good day there.

I am sorry, because I know what you are going through. My Boo had diarrhea four days ago. I mean, come on! Is this real?

Maybe it is autumn or what?

What about the stool sample? You should definitely take it to the vet.

You should:

• Cook white rice, but with no butter,
  • Boil the chicken, with no flavorings,
  • Boil the turkey,
  • You should try with scrambled and boiled eggs,
  • Boiled potato and baked potato are good as well.

Try it!

Also, you should take away for all food and water for one day. This up there, that I wrote, you should give your dog after 24 hours.  

Good day.

I have a few advice for you, when it comes about this problem. When your dog is having diarrhea, you should:

Continue to feed him with small servings for a couple of day.

Slowly, you can get him back to the regularly food.

Avoid bones, snacks or even table scraps, because they can irritate intestinal tract in your dog.

My vet told me that it is ok to give your dog Pepto Bismol every 6 hours.

But, before you give any type of medications your dog, you should consult your vet about proper dose and ingredients.

But, I am sure that, with this advice, your dog will get better. 

GL!

The best way to treat diarrhea (if it's not the result of some serious disease, just regular diarrhea)  is to simply let it be.

It's probably just something bad that your dog ate and the best thing you can do about it is that you just stop giving your dog food for the next 24 hours.

Provide some water for him during that time, rice water is also a good idea , I've seen someone mentioned it in the above post already. So if it's not anything serious, your dog should be feeling better the next day.

If not, I would suggest that you take him to the vet.

Hello everyone.

No food and no water for next 24 hours. I also do agree that rice is the best idea. After a while, you should try to add a meat, little by little.Start with chicken and then try turkey.

Also, after a few days, you can mix rice and meat.

Give your dog small amount of water, don’t give him that much, because it can cause some unwanted effects.

I am sure that your dog will be just fine for a while, I think that there is no reason for you to be worried. Everything will be just fine…Good luck! 

Hello. This is very common problem in dogs. It is very easy to try with probiotics. Also, when you want to treat and heal dog’s diarrhea, you should start with 23 hour rice – water fast. White rice contains active probiotics and it is perfect for this. To make rice – water, you should boil one cup of white rice in three cups of water. Boil it until the water turns creamy and white. You can serve it very often to your dog, and he will drink this. Also, you can mix a teaspoon of chicken baby good in this rice – water. 

I can agree with rubylock on this one, the best way is to just stop giving your dog food for a single day so he’s stomach could rest. If it’s nothing serious, he should be back to normal in no time. I have a Rottweiler and a German Shepherd and I always do this when I see them having diarrhea.

Just provide your dog some water so he doesn’t dehydrate and you’re done. If you notice anything weird, like blood in your dog’s stool or if the diarrhea continues for a few days, go to see your vet, he should do some tests then.

My dog luckily doesn’t have diarrhea very often. 

I remember the last time she had diarrhea we were on a vacation in Minnesota. We went there to visit a friend of mine. That was two years ago. 

I couldn’t find the food that I was feeding her with back than so I bought her some other food my friend suggested. She reacted badly on it and she had diarrhea for several days. 

My friend took care of her, she cooked rice for her every day and I remember she was giving her some powder that she previously dissolved in water. I think it helped her a lot.