I normally don't worry about my health and hardly ever go to the doctor. However, over the past 3-4 months i've been having diarrhea everytime I have a bowel movement. It's sometimes diarrhea, but other times it's just really soft. I've also had bright green diarrhea on occasion as well. So I've pretty much just put up with it until about a week or so ago when I started having a horrible pain on the right side of my abdomen that usually lasts about a minute or so. After much insistance from family, I decided to go see a doctor. The doctor asked routine questions and when I told him about the pain, he felt my stomach, mainly the area where the gall bladder is, which was incredibly tender and painful to the touch. He recommended that I go get an ultrasound to check for gall stones, so that's what I did this morning. The nurse called me and said everything looked fine, which I can only assume means I don't have gall stones. The doctor has given me medicine for cramps and the diarrhea, but I'm still worried about my gall bladder. I'm wondering if I need to get more tests done or what...I'm honestly tired of feeling awful all the time. It's worse in the morning because in addition to the diarrhea i'm also incredibly nauseous most of the time. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice as to what I should do next.

You should go see a gastro doctor. Especially if you are having DHR constantly. He will need to check you for other things, such as a bacterial infection like c-diff, and check you for intestinal disorders (Ifflamatory Bowel Disease).

Go right away, especially if you are losing weight. Your body cannot be absorbing any nutrients if you are having constant diarrhea. You could be getting dehydrated and your potassium level could be in the gutter. Good luck.

like the subject says ive been there. im 16 and i had my gallbladder removed because of contant diarrhea and vomiting. they said it was because it wasnt functioning whatsoever. so do further testing on ur gallbladder. it might be the problem.

good luck!

I had the exact same problem...And i had my gallbladder removed when i was 17...but i still had the same symptoms afterwards and my specialist just said "you dont need your gallbladder anyway" but even so..that did nothing to help me, so i went to dozens of doctors and specialists and had tons of tests done and still no one could figure out what was wrong with me, so i had to go on living like that for 4 years, and then one day...it just stopped, and i havent had a single problem since then and im 24 now. And still today no one knows what was wrong with me and I found this conversation because i was reading my 2 year old daughters perscription and the one med. condition sounded really familiar to me and so i thought id look it up, pseudomembranous colitis, but reading all of the stories on here just brought back alot of bad memories...my advice to you is dont let anyone take any organ out of you unless they show some proof that they know exactly whats wrong...and get a second opinion it never hurts...and find a REALLY GOOD SPECIALIST and not just some doctor close to home..other than that, i wish you the best of luck with everything, you are not alone...just hang in there..something will eventually happen.

So what happened? I'm having those problems now. I've had an ultra sound, hida scan and endoscopy, but all clear. They thought it was my gall bladder or an ulcer, but it is neither. Please help.

you are really really really dehydrated!!! Whatever you do, do NOT drink coffee or any type of alcohol until you start feeling better. Also, drinks as much water as possible and eat lots of Activia yogurt

Hey girls,

Im 22 and just happen to land here while searching for constant dhr. Ive had this problem for like 3 months or so. When it happens and i dont rush to the bathroom because im not close to one i honestly feel like im having contractions... i scream and it feels like theres explosions in my abdomen and i get red spots on my chest. I dont know what it is.. im not loosing weight from it but still. Its worst when i consume dairy product and i know im lactose but i dont consume milk that often and still happens every day.

Sometimes its dhr other times its just really soft, dark green. I have an ultrason due in November. yes i know its in a long time but this is Quebec. Health care sucks.

what should i do?

Sarah

Ok. I've had something similar to that, i'm a boy by the way. Every morning for over 5 years i would wake up to go to work, I'll start having this pain in my stomach,i wanted to stick a knife in my stomach. I would have to go to the bathroom everyday before i got to work. Even though it was a 15 minutes drive i couldn't make it without stopping, same thing would happen when i go to an aircondition place, it was horrible. I hate it my life i couldn't go anywhere. I went to the doctor 6 times for the same problem,finally on the fifth time i started yelling to the doctor i need help. He sent me to a gastrologist ,did the endoscopy,gave me some antibiotics,told me to change the diet eat more often,ecercise,4 months latter i got much better. I feel great now. But those 5 years were hell i tell you,i couldn't go anywhere. So my suggestion is stop the junk food,donats,cupcakes ,milk,less coffe,drink water,soda just once in a while its ok,i'll tell you you'll feel great in no time. Mine i though would never go away cause it was for a very long time,but it did

I think I have been going through the same thing. Six weeks ago I started with nausea, but mainly constant diarreah. I was running a low grade feverand severe stomach cramps. Because I could eat and drink as much, I got dehydrated. I... did a Total Body Cleanse and it helped me greatly. But, I still have diarreah once in a while. I have been to doctor three times. Don't know what to do now. I just started taking Acidolplus maybe that will help. One Doctor told me to drink "ION" Powerade drinks about eight ounces a day. It has potassium and vitamins.

I would def keep asking your doctor for more tests...it sounds to me like it is your gall bladder. I have had the bright green diarrhea as well....i am going through alot right now, so i can def relate to what you are going through. i have had ibs for 30 years, i know how frustrating it is...i've been searching for answers forever and still have none. I hope you find another doctor if yours is not helping you. Good luck.

I have had very mushy stool for three days this week, and now for the last 2 straight days, I have had constant diarrhea every 25-30 minutes. It is bright green, and it doesn't seem to be regular stool. My lower right side is where it hurts most as well. I went to the dr., and they took samples, and I go back tomorrow. I have never had this issue, and all of a sudden, it just kicks in. Reading this page worries me that it may not just be a few day process. this pain makes me hunch over, run fever, sweat, and I am in the restoom literally every 30 minutes. I can't work like this. Has anyone else's problem been this consistent? I wake up throught the night even. I can barely sleep.

I am having the same problem cramps,pain, diarehha always. Had my gall bladder out ,It was fine surgeon said but he thought it might help.NOPE bloated, burping,sickish feeling, been on tons of different meds. now going to syracuse Dr. buniack he is trying to help on a pain pill ,zantackas often as 3 times a day, At first I lost a lot of weight but now put it back on. Also very tired ,taking a thyroid med too that is ok blood work said so .my family dr is stumped ME TOO hate this, if you find anything new write me. Hope you get better I have been this way now 2-3 years. Judy

I have the same problem, i cant seem to gain any weight, also constant pain in the right side that hurts through to my back. Nausea sets in 4-5 times daily. And diarrhea 3-4 days a week. Get dizzy as well with severe head aches. Discomfort at night. Lost pf appetite.
Any answers can help

Probably a digestive bacteria. I had the exact same thing and had colonoscopy, xrays, blood work, urine work.....digestive bacteria. Put me on Metronidazole 500 mg. (Flagyl) and after only 4 days I already feel amazingly better......also, you might want to take Probiotics (over the counter) which puts the good bacteria back into your system.

I have a similar problem and it definitely is ruining my everyday life. It started about 6 months ago. I can't eat or drink till around 3 or 4 in the afternoon it's hard to brush my teeth because the taste of anything In the morning make me so sick. I have bad pains in my abdominal and it feel like I have to constantly poop. And if I'm in a car it's worse I'm always worried if there's a bathroom around and if I will make it. I drink a lot of water I don't drink soda nor coffee (since I can't eat or drink in the morning anyways). Some days it's worse than others. Does anyone had a clue what this could be?