Table of Contents
Things you can do to spend quality time with your kids
One of the most challenging things about parenthood is finding the time to spend quality time with your kids.
Quality time is the time you spend with your kids that gives both them and you a real satisfaction of being together. Doing special things that are out of the normal daily routines you are in. For so many families, both parents have to work and for single parent families it’s even harder because you are doing the job of three people; being both mom and dad and employee; it’s hard to fit in those special times in such a busy world.
Spending quality time with your kids doesn’t mean you have to go somewhere special; you can have some excellent quality time at home. Some examples might be:
- Have a board game night planned every week
- Rent a movie and order in pizza once a week
- Play a video game with your kids that they enjoy
- Let your kids help you cook a meal and let them choose what they want to cook
- Have a picnic in your backyard
- Pitch a tent in your backyard and sleep outside with them
- Have a craft day or night; make something together
These are but a few examples of things you can do right at home that can mean a great deal of difference in your child’s life. It shows them you are interested in what they think and do. They want you to be a part of their little worlds and sometimes you have to grow down to get to that level.