Hello there. Yesterday, I got promoted at my work. Yay :) I have to say that I am really happy. My first obligation is to visit Los Angeles with my boss in eight days. I am so excited, because I have never been in LA and now this is my opportunity. Of course, I am not going anywhere without my cat, especially when I need to leave her more than 15 days – no way. So, I am taking her with me :) I know that I won’t have a lot of time to prepare food for her, I can leave her in pet’s hotel, but still I want to know can I feed her with quality canned food? Do you give your cat high quality canned cat food?

Yes I do.

Don’t get me wrong, I prefer raw feeding and I don’t think that canned foods are something that will improve our cats’ health. But in these situations where you have to go somewhere or you can’t find the time to prepare raw foods, I think it’s ok to buy canned foods.

Of course, when I am in this situation (and that’s very rare since I pretty much always have the time to prepare my cat raw meals) I choose only high quality canned foods.

I even know some people who feed their cats exclusively with high quality canned foods and they’re perfectly healthy.

Wow, Mima, reading your post was like I wrote the same by myself. It is the same with my cat and me. I prefer feeding her raw, but I often give her canned food. Like you said, not any food but the highest quality one. I know it is a bit expensive, but I don’t care as long as my little gold is satisfied and get all the nutrition she needs.

I assure you that you cannot be mistaken if you feed your cat canned food. You just need to be sure you are giving her meat-based proteins with enough percentage of taurine. And, corn-free, of course, as proteins from corn are of very poor quality.

P.S.

Congratulations on promotion!

No, I don’t.  I never use canned food since I think that it is much healthier to feed my dog with raw food.

When I don’t have the time to prepare raw food or I need to go somewhere, I give him dry food, but for some reason I never buy canned food. I never did.

My best friend on the other hand has a six years old cat and she has been feeding him with canned foods for the last 3 or 4 years.

She only chooses high quality brands and her cat couldn’t be healthier. At least she says so.

Hello everyone. I have to say that I do agree with all of you, since I was reading your posts really careful. Now, I am feeding my dog with raw food, I don’t have a cat, but I am pretty sure that I would feed my cat with raw good as well. I am totally for it because I do believe that this is the best for our pets, even if it is sometimes really annoying, especially when you need to prepare it. But, I also believe that it won’t harm your cat if you are feeding her with quality canned cat food. I think that this is really good option, especially in cases like is yours. 

I don’t know what to tell you about this. I was always skeptical when it comes about canned food, especially when they say that this food is totally good and high quality. I am skeptical, because I don’t know is this true or not. I mean, I was giving my cat canned food, but somehow, I can’t say that I am totally satisfied and that I would give my cat raw food always. It is totally OK when you don’t have any time to prepare food for your cat, or when you are somewhere on the road trip, but no – my answer is no. I am not giving this food to my cat :)

First of all, congratulations on your promotion. I have to say that this is really nice news, and I hope that you will spend time with us, in here as well. I hope that you won’t forget us :/

About your question, I think that there is nothing wrong if you are feeding your cat with high quality canned cat food. Actually, there are so many good manufacturers, so many good products, that I believe that they can be great replacement for your ordinary cat menu. So, if you want to listen to me, I agree with it – there is nothing wrong feeding your cat with this food for a while. 

Yeah, I do! 

I find raw feeding too much time consuming and I’m a student so I don’t have that much spare time. 

Even when I do, I try to spend it by being with my cat rather than preparing raw meals for him. 

I am not even sure that I would know how to do that if I tried. Canned food is much easier and I’d say cheaper alternative. 

Of course, just like everyone else here, I am not going for the cheapest alternative, my main focus is on the quality. I choose only high quality foods for my cat.

Hello, I am a student as well. I spend a lot of time on university, learning in the library so obviously I don’t have any time to prepare food for my cat. So, I am feeding my cat with high quality canned cat food and she is extremely healthy. 

I took her to the vet, and everything is just fine with her. I am giving her Tiki Cat, Nature Logic’s Canned and Wild Calling. Those are the best options for my cat, and I don’t think that this is bad way of feeding your cat. I am telling you from my experience :)