Hi everyone. Lately my life has been focused on my cats. My oldest one has diabetes so there is a special diet for her which I must plan every day. It isn’t much time consuming, but it’s something I have to think about every single day. My youngest cat has rashes all over her body. :/ I’m taking her to the vet one of these days. So that’s also been on my mind lately. Now, I’m thinking about changing their food, since it started to be too expensive. I have three cats and I can barely handle it financially. Can you tell me some quality, low cost, high protein cat food?

Hello. I know what you’re dealing with. I have several cats on my own and they’ve been driving me crazy. I am about to get a baby and I cannot imagine how hard it will be to handle them when I’m busy with the baby all day. I can barely handle them now when I have all the free time in the world.

As for the food, it’s pretty hard to find food brand that is both quality and low cost. Usually high protein foods are a bit expensive. But the best option if you don’t have much money to spend is definitely Stella & Chewy’s.

Um, I also understand what you are going through. It is so hard and expensive to feed your cat with certain foods, because financial it is not possible. I am feeding my cat with high protein cat food and home prepared food as well, but I can say that every month I am wondering will I be able to buy it. I was skeptical a little bit about low cost protein cat food, but then I found Blue buffalo Wilderness food – chicken with sweet potatoes :) My cat just love this food. Of course, I consulted my vet about this, and he told me that this is one of the best brand of low cost protein cat food. You can find it in every pet shop. 

Hey. I think that you can find a lot of amazing high protein food, that is really quality, and the most important thing, it is low cost. I am preparing food for my kitty, but sometimes, when I don’t have time to do that, pet shops are my first choice, because there you can find a lot of quality, low cost, but high protein cat food. My choice is Nutro finicky feline dry cat food, chicken flavored. It improves your cat’s taste, and number one ingredient is chicken with whole brown dice to aid in digestion. I love to call it natural and unique :)

There are so many brands on the market but it’s not at all easy to find quality food that’s not too expensive. And I don’t want to give my dog some cheap junk.

All of my friends are using very expensive brands. They’re in a better financial situation than I am, and when I ask them for a suggestion that doesn’t cost much they usually come up with some very expensive brand and call it ‘’the cheaper option’’.

I’ll definitely try Stella and Chewy’s . I thought they only make dog food.  I hope it’s cheaper then those brands my friends are suggesting.

I don’t know guys. I feed my cat with raw food ever since she was a kitten. The only time I used canned food was when we were on a vacation. I was too lazy to prepare raw meals for her then. And even then, I bought the most expensive food I had found in the pet shop cause my logic was- the more expensive the food is, the healthier it will be for my cat.

I’ve heard that Honest Kitchen makes powdered food that is supposed to be very healthy. It smells better than canned food and it costs about 40 dollars.

Well, I am not so for this cheap food, but I have to admit that sometimes this is totally necessary.

Last month, I needed to pay my bills, my phone died, so I needed to buy the new one, the roof in my house was ruined by the storm – I don’t want to continue with this. I gave a lot of money, so I didn’t have enough to feed my cat properly. Any of my pets, to be honest.

This cheap food was the only solution for me. I went to the pet shop, and I told this boy everything. He recommended me Organix grain free cat food.

So, I did it. My cats were eating this food for ten days.

Nothing has happened to them. 

Hello I am not feeding my cat with raw food at all. I am not preparing any food for my cat. And, I don’t see that she is sick or anything. She is really healthy, I can guarantee this.Since I have a cat, I feed her with low cost, high protein cat food. It is best quality and it is cheap, and when you combine those two things, it can’t be wrong, right? I made this decision because I found a lot of expensive foods, and I don’t see any changes or benefits that I don’t see in low cost protein food.I usually buy Petsmarth Authority, because it is reasonably priced. The price is less than 2 dollars. It is better than any other cheap foods, I can guarantee this.

I can’t express how important it is to feed your cats with quality food. It is best to feed them with raw food, but since nowadays we are living so fast, people have less time for that. So more and more people are turning to dry cat food. Luckily, there are some brands that really offer some quality food and are not so expensive. I’ll recommend two brands that I’m usually feeding my cats with and they are the best in my opinion:

-Canidae Natural Pet Foods- this product is maybe a bit more expensive but it is totally worth it. -HealthWise Cat Food- this product is made from chicken and rice. Also great.

Hey. I don’t know a lot about high protein cat food, actually, I don’t know so much about any cat food. It depends what do you want – dry of wet cat food. But, I am sure that you can find a lot of good, quality food that is not expensive at all. I know that my sister is feeding her cat with Original ultra - chicken meal and salmon dry good. I think that this cost about 1 dollar per 5.5 oz can. Actually, I was reading some reviews, and they are really great. You should ask someone in the pet shop, and I am sure that they will tell you that this is a good choice.