My last period was Nov. 27 and ended Dec. 2. I was confused and wondered if I was still supposed to get it towards the end of Dec. I didn't so then I figured I would get it the first week of Jan. I didn't and still haven't. I've tried to read other posts but they don't really relate to me. I have no symptoms, didn't have implantation bleeding, I've been off birth control since Oct. and prior to that was only taking birth control since Jul. I've had similar situations like this. Where I get my period towards the end of the month and rolls over and ends the following month. As I am TTC I've been anxious in the past and have gotten negative results. So this time around I'm more laid back because I don't want to get my hopes up. Being that I'm 12 days late (which I think is the longest I've been late) how much longer should I wait to take a home pregnancy test??

Hello! If you are taking a home test, you will need to wait until the hormone has had a chance to accumulate in your body. This will then be picked up by the test that you are taking and give you a positive or negative result. Usually, it takes about two weeks for the hormone to be present in your body. After this point, you should be able to get a correct result from a pregnancy test.

Thanks. I guess since its been 2 weeks now I'll go ahead and test

Take one as soon as possible. Good Luck