Hi everyone. I really need your help, please give me adcive. Im a 12 (almost 13) year old girl and im 5'3. I weigh about 150-160 pounds. I dont look that big if you just look at me but I deffintly have fat on my stomach and thighs. I store the majority of my fat on my stomach which is what scares me. I also do have a lot of muscle though, I do cheerleading and basketball. I dont really feel comfident in my body either. I didnt really care until a few months ago, but it really hit me. I need help, please, if you have any advice, comment.

Hello Sydney,

So, you're 12 and 150 to 160 pounds and you're active with sports but you have some fat on your tummy and hips and you;'re 5'3".  Your weight should be around 115 pounds or so depending on how much muscle you have.  It sounds like you have a lot of fat receptors around the middle.  Many girls do and that's pretty normal.  Sounds like you need a better diet.  Number one you can cut your calories back by 500 Calories a day.  Stick to lean meats and fresh veggies and fruits.  Stay away from fast foods (no French fries, hamburgers) and no sodas.  Try to drink a lot of filtered water.  This is a good start and see if within two weeks you don't lose a couple of pounds.  A diet like this tends to be low carb and that's good for weight loss.  Don't try to lose to much at one time.