Hey!

I live in Finland, I'm 13, soon 14. I've had this one and a half years. I can't eat ANYTHING without pain afterwards. I feel full after a few bites of food, doesn't matter what I eat. I get bloated and full even after a glass of water! So it can't be any food allergy cause I can't be allergic to water.

This only gets better after I have slept a night, because that's the time when I don't eat anything. But immediately when I eat or drink something, it starts again. I look like I'm pregnant, come on I'm just 13! The bloating never goes fully away, at mornings it has usually calmed down a bit, but even then it's still there.

I've been to a doctor many times, they can't help. It's not fat, I weigh 45 kilos and I'm 161cm tall. I used to have the slimmest tummy.. I have tried all kinds of drugs, including homepathic! And reflux drugs and all kinds of fiber and herb things.. nothing helps. I also have constipation from time to time. I've had my blood tests taken and I'm not lactose intolerant or don't have a celiac disease. I also have had ultra sound taken, nothing there either. I'm running out of ideas what to do!

I've lost a big amount of friends cause I can't be with them, I don't wanna go out cause I know I'll get hungry and then the pain comes.. I haven't been out except to my summer cottage, for 2 MONTHS! My school is going bad too, I've skipped almost half cof it cause of this..

So I really need help and I'm only 13! Thanks, you can ask me some questions or about my symptoms if you need some more information.

Hmm... I know your question was posted a long time ago, but people may have the same problem and end up on this page looking for answers, or you may still have this problem- so here's my idea.

I have the same symptoms as you, and I'm 16 (I'm a girl). I've had it since I was 14 and a half. My uncle also had this problem (although, obviously, he is definitely not pregnant) and he had tests and tests and tests- a lot of tests- done to see what it was. However, the answer may be even more simple than you think.

I had SEVERE pain about 5 minutes after I ate anything, and I felt really full too. The pain lasted from 4 hours to 2 whole days, and the answer: constipation. Simple, yet deadly O.o It's not really fatal, that was an exaggeration :-P Take some laxatives to empty the waste, and make yourself drink lots of water to help. You said you have constipation time to time, but you have to avoid it, because that is what's causing most of the pain.

You may also have a gluten allergy. I'm lactose intolerant- there are no tests to tell if you are lactose intolerant or not, but if you have a sore stomach after drinking milk or eating dairy products, it is a big possibility. Also, exercise. Yeah, again, I state the obvious. I do not like exercise at all (seeing as I am a devoted computer geek), but after I do exercise- a little walk outside- it feels great. In my situation, too, it is not fat (although I do not exercise much). I do not eat much, and I am perfectly healthy- except in this issue :-)

I hope that helped, if you do read this. I know what it feels like to miss school and hanging out with friends because of this. It's more than physical pain because your friends don't understand why you are staying home, and it may offend them- causing you to lose friends. And it's hard to hang out with them, because you always feel insecure, and you know the pain will come. Especially when all your friends may seem to be slim, beautiful and in perfect health. Just remember, they may seem perfect on the outside, but they too, have their own troubles on the inside. And they're scared to show it too.

_-(Secret Identity)-_

Well, your bloated stomach can be triggered by a lot of things. I have a question for you. Do you do any kind of tough labor? Are you maybe physically hyperactive, because that can lead to your abdominal pain? I can't understand that the doctors are unable to help you. What I would suggest the most is for you to talk to your parents and go and see a specialist about your concern, because the abdomen has a wide range of potential diseases. You should do a full body examination and give your stool and blood sample, because the cause might be a bacteria. 

It could be gluten intolerance. You can test negative for Celiac and still be gluten intolerant. Before I stopped eating it everything made me bloated, and I remember getting bloated from water. Just anytime something went in my stomach. Do you also have sinus or allergy problems, or anemia? Those seem to go along with it.

wow that sucks

Maybe you have Crohn's disease. Go to your doctor and get checked for that.

I have the same problem.. i feel pain after eating things, couple of days earlier i tried to avoid gluten, added sugar, junk food etc.. and i worked out... after having healthy meal i couldn't feel the pain anymore... my mom said if you exercise this hard your stomach will get bigger and bigger in no time.. i got terrified and stop working out. everyone makes fun of me cuz am skinny and they think i was on a diet.. they can't really understand my situation..
Anyways... I left the diet yesterday and when i started eating unhealthy i was like " No man, this is not how want to feel.. this is not how wanna look , side note: (i started working out for abs and all, This is my new year resolution.. earlier i thought its normal to feel pain or its just cuz i might have ate too much.....) Well, now i wanna join the workout back and have six pack abs but am just so scared of this mummy tummy.. i dont wanna look pregnant for sure.. i can understand and realize that i used to feel great and proud after eating healthy food, and after eating this shitty pizza.. i feel like am have to sit straight to avoid the pain .. i have hickups after eating this food..
Am stuck i really am.. i dont know what to do girl.. btw am a girl too.. Bye. . .

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private info not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

im almost 12 years old and it looks like im pregenent but im not. and im always gassy and hate how big my tummy is when ever i eat something i dont feel good from it. i have the same problems as you girl. i went to the doctors and did all that. well they checked my lungs with an olchra sound and my stomach. i was fine. i have ALOT more stuff to say. i really need help i don't know whats wrong with me

OP here: The pain was caused by Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome! If you have symptoms similar to mine and have had extensive testing, look it up (it's rare)!