I have always had sever stomach pains that feel like gas pains x10 and when they come on all I can do is hunch over and scream a little until they go away after a few minutes. I never paid much attention to them. About four months ago, however, these pains started coming a lot more frequent and worse and all of a sudden within like a week my stomach bloated so much I look like I am 6 months pregnant - no joke! Family and friends ask me all of the time if I am pregnant and it is so embarrassing. I have had an x-ray, CAT scan, vaginal ultrasound, blood work and a colonoscopy done and NOTHING!! Everything came back normal. After my colonoscopy and after not eating for a couple of days for the prep, my stomach went back down to 95% normal and the pains went away. As soon as I ate some dairy I blew up again within 20 min. I have been staying away from dairy for the past month and it has helped a lot, but now all of a sudden I have been bloated again for 3 days straight and I am back to having no idea what is causing this again. My drs. think it is in my head or that I am over exaggerating my pain because they cannot find anything wrong with me. I have gotten a prescription for irritable bowel syndrome, and that is not helping either. Has ANYONE been through this and survived to find a cure?? I am DESPERATE!!! I have gained 30lbs and gone from a size 3 to a size 9 in a month! I have no more money left because of Drs. bills and buying a few items of clothing because NOTHING fits me anymore. I am beginning to get very depressed because of this. People tell me about diets I need to go on and that they are worried about my weight, but no one understands how abnormal it is to gain 30 lbs in a month when you eat well! Can anyone please help???

-Desperately,

Samantha (23 yrs old)

You might have IBS although I don't think it would cause your sudden weight gain, but you should look into Celiac Disease which is an allergy to gluten, that can cause the pain and the weight change, plus some Celiacs also have a dairy sensitivity. The blood test isn't always truthful so you'll want a doctor to look in your intestines to see if your Fili are damaged. If you don't want to go back to the dr. Try a gluten free diet for a few weeks and see how you feel.

My ex had fibroids, her whole church congregation thought she was pregnant and I the then bf got all the deadly stares, later it turned out she had a fibroid in her uterus the size of a small football. Perhaps you have something like this?

I have the same exact symptoms with and have had xrays catscans and my ovaries checked. I am going to get a hydrascan on friday, I completely understand

I was wondering if you found a solution to your health issue. My daughter has been experiencing something similar. She has gained weight quickly and eats normally. She has stomach pain frequently and is lactose intolerant and gluten free, but nothing seems to help her. I am really concerned about her weight gain...it was not as severe as yours, but it is very apparent and it keeps going up! I am now thinking it could be an emotional problem and I am following some MD's on hay house radio that deal with emotional correlations this type of problem. I hope to find some answers soon....

Oh my God Samantha, I was just typing in google asking for help with my symptoms and your note popped up. do you realize we have the EXACT SAME THING AND I HAVE ALSO GAINED 30 LBS. I've had all of those same tests done exactly what you have written and no one to this day has been able to help me. in fact, as I'm typing here at work, i'm in extreme pain since i just had some lunch. since i'm in a meeting, i decided to try again to look for help. the only differences for us is that i'm 49 and have gone from a size 8 to a size 12/14. your note is making me think that my problem isn't what i've thought it is after all. I kept thinking its related to pre-menapause..that's what my mom kept telling me. now i'm wondering. die you receive any help from anyone yet? My life is miserable because of this - I feel so unattractive now and can't fit into anything and always so uncomfortable. thanks, Lisa Salamone, St. Clair Shores, MI

I am responding to this thread because my daughter has had similar problems to the ones expressed here.  She also has had blood work and a CT scan, and is seeing an MD that is trying to figure her problem out.  She does not have celiacs according to the blood work that was done on her.  If she eats no dairy it seems to be less of a problem so she stopped that.  She also realized that while traveling in Europe she could eat wheat if the bread was baked that day without preservative.  So now back in the US she believes it might have to do with preservatives in the food that cause some of the problem.  Preservatives allowed here are not allowed in Europe.  Is that something you have considered?  So we are back to the drawing board on figuring it out, but it is so hard for someone her age (24) to do anything too diet  restrictive.  ugh!!!  :-(  

I believe in seeing a doctor that is more intergrative or practices functional medicine, and one that is a M.D.  I don't believe it is all in your head.  I've been told that before in my own life regarding other health issues and guess what!!!  The medical community will say that it is psychosomatic  when they don't have a test for what that problem is.  I had chronic fatigue before they could test for it and now that there is a test...the disease exists.  Prior, it was thought to be in your head.

I hope I am getting my point across and that this helps...I believe it is in the food somewhere but not necessarily a specific food.  I think you have to eat organic, and specific at the same time.  No dairy, no wheat, and no???  Still working on it...sadly...

Sounds like some Hashimoto's Hypothyroid, Celiacs Disease/Lactose intolerance. You need to have your thyroid checked. Above all, go natural foods w/no preservatives, stay away from dairy for awhile, your Lactose intolerance is probably temporary. If it didn't come from the ground or didn't have a mother....don't eat it. See if that helps.

My daughter (48) is going through the very same thing. She is going to her doctor today for a complete work up. She has always worn a size small, but in the last two years, she now wears a large. She says her stomach hurts all of the time and she has given up dairy, but it hasn't seemed to help much. Please reply if you have found any relief.

Try a gluten free diet, wheat is culprit of a lot of bloating and swelling issues as well as abdominal pain, I know I have Celiac disease. Also if you have a lot of soy in your diet that is said to be healthy but actually our bodies do not tolerate very well as well as fructose, very sugary diets.

Some relief is heating pad on the stomach area or on the back where the stomach area is. That may help relieve some pain and discomfort.

Hope she finds some relief, post back if any questions

you have problem related to your stomach,might be whatever food you r taking it is not digestibale and because of that you start to get pain and other problems see taking unwanted medicines will not so effective so go for doctor prescription

Have you gotten checked for aganglionic colonic disease?
It sounds so much like this disease to me

In this disease, your colon is unable to move the feces appropriately and you will have problems going to the bathroom and your stomach will be bloated. However, it does not explains your lactose intolerance (that is a different scenario).