Hi there! I am going crazy with this sore throat that has been re-occurring for the last 6 months. I heal, but it keeps coming back almost every month when I begin to lose strength and feel so weak. This has started to interfere with my every day activities, and is making me feel cranky.

Hello! What ever you do, don’t gargle as gargling is said to cause laryngitis and has been shown to be ineffective. Maybe you should try pulsatile throat irrigation that removes bacteria from the throat and increases circulation to the throat, making more white blood cells available at the throat. If this doesn’t help you should go to ENT specialist to look at you.

I am having the same problem. This is my 6th month with a sore throat at my menstrual cycle. I typically have a cold sore with it though. Did you get any results from the ENT? I am reluctant to go to the ENT as I have been to see a physician every month to no avail.
Each month they diagnose Strep throat but the culture comes back negative... Any response on your condition would be appreciated.

i have also had a sore throat and body achiness off and on for 6 months, could it be cancer?

I had a sore intermittant sore throat for 6 months and it did turn out to be throat cancer. I am presently undergoing radiation therapy. They said it is a 90% cure prognosis cause i had it looked at early. Go see a ENT and insist he feels inside your throat for bumps. They then did a PET scan and biopsy which proved it is cancer. The general doctor thought it was acid reflux. It was cancer. Good luck to you, radiation treatment is no fun but I am getting thru it ok.

I keep getting this same thiing. since last April I seem to get a sore throat and high fever within a day or so of my cycle that they diagnose as strep but the test keeps coming back negative. I have had it about 9 times in the past 12 months.

I am having the same symptoms. Very Sore throat close to my cycle accompanied by fatigue. What is going on?

I had a pretty bad strep throat as well. It was such as headache.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I had a re-occuring sore throught for a couple months, but it got so bad and was about three weeks straight, I went to the doctor. He also thought it might be acid reflux, but gave me antibiotics. Well, it went away...but now it is back. I keep cleaning everything I come into contact with, incase I keep re-infecting myself, but this is really starting to annoy me.

I have the same thing extreme fatugue and soar throat at the onset of menses. strep came back negative. my right lymph node was enlarged in my neck. they sent me home from the doctor saying it must be some viral thing. i was in bed 3 days straight now on the 4th day i am feeling better but not 100%. it was a serious chore just to get up to go to the bathroom. loss of apetitie too but i made myself eat.

Guys - I have experienced a small irritation on my throat, which lasted for about 4 months. I consulted with many ENT''s and they couldn't diagnose it right. Few treated for Acid reflux and few for tonsils and few for vocal chord stress. However, nothing worked out for me and finally it got healed by itself. Now again after 5 months I'm feeling the same pain and irritation in my throat as I did experience first time. But I don't have any problem in swallowing drinks and solid food as well. But the pain is annoying me though it is tolerable. Anyone else has the same symptom and got healed.

Partha

Wow, I thought I am the only freak , that thinks this 2 are connected. This is just so annoying, every single month , now about 7 months having a sore throat, which begins 1 day before my period. I am just in tears every month, chest hurts like crazy , can't sleep and just crying from the pain . I use to have back pain from my cycle , so strong that I couldn't get up the 1st day, but now I have not feeling that back pain or ovaries pain at all, just a chest pain and heavy mucus. Talked to my doctor, I think she is tired of this too and looks at me like I am crazy Freak.

For years I had a sore throat right before my period also diagnosed with Strep "b", which only shows after a three day culture. MY question is first of all are they calling it "b" by default because the lab says it is not A. C, F or G. Now I have had 6 cultures in the past two months all have come back after three days showing "growth" (not A, C, F or G). I have been on various antibiotics this whole time. Very Frustrating!

Did uour sore thraot come and go i get an earache on one side ent said its reflux and my voice box is red

I am experiencing the same symptoms, small irritation on my throat off and on. Have tried natural remedies, oil of oregano, Echinacea. It goes away & come back.
Doctor sending me to ENT but I prefer not to have scope done. Still searching for a solution. Never had this before and hardly ever get a cold?