Hello I am 17 years old, 5'5 and 145 pounds. To ring in the new year my resolution is to lose 20-25 pounds by late February-early March. If anyone could help me with some good ideas or tips I could use to reaching this goal that would be great =]
thanks a lot.

20-25 pounds might be stretching it, but here's a simply way to get started:
1. calculate how many calories you eat on a normal day.
2. reduce this number by 10%, so if you eat 2000 calories, simply cut out a can or two of soda and go down to 1800 calories.
3. exercise for 30-45 mins, 3-4 times per week. If you don't work up a sweat, you're not really working hard enough to see results. On the 'off' days, go for a walk or something that will stretch your muscles but not be too strenuous.
4. You should hopefully see a pound or two a week start coming off after the first week or two.

Good luck!

hi i have lost 61 pounds in 5 months.

i have stop eating fast food and red meat preety much no candy no sugary stuff just healthy veggie chicken salads...etc.

i was running at first about 3 miles 3 out of 5 days a week or 4 out 5 days... i lost around 18 pounds in one month.. my first month was my max month... i am in the 5th month.. and i lose about 1-2 pounds a week i eat fiber foods like raisin brand and granola...

i hope this will help you.. keep count of your calories do not go over 2,000 i try to keep mine around 1,500 or under .. and do not eat after 7pm try to eat about 4-5 meals but small.. that way your metabolism can be going all the time.. i have gone from 305 to 244 and man i feel good.. hope this helps.