My husband and I are both on 200 mg of methadone and we are going to go on a two week rapid detox give me a little insight on what to expect and how long it's going to last

That's an extremely fast detox for that amount/length of time. I was once a heroin addict for a few years and as awful as that detox was, it was slightly easier than methadone. The half life of methadone is about 48 hours, so you probably will be fine the first couple days...maybe a little edgy. After that, you'll have muscle cramps...my legs twitched when trying to sleep...and it is extremely painful. i was sweating and freezing and then hot and nauseated. Some people experience diarrhea and vomiting...I threw up alot but not the other. To be honest, it's a really rough detox. Are you sure you want to just go cold turkey? My methadone run was only 30mg per day for 9 days when I stopped and was on heroin for a year before that time. You will have a hard time sleeping...it feels like a tingling sensation through your limbs when at rest...like hitting your hand when it falls asleep. Melatonin may help get rest and it's natural...drink lots of water and try to stay occupied instead of just sitting there...it helps a litte. I dont want to have scared you, just wanted to be honest about the harsh detox... It's great that you guys are quitting it! Good luck and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Oh...and it took about a month and a half to feel normal again and get good sleep again.