I am addicted to heroin for 2 years. I want to stop, this is taking me nowhere… do not want to go in this direction, besides I talked this through over and over … I want to quit, that’s all and do not want to go on another drug, like methadone… I do not want to be a methadone newbie … but HOWWWWW??????

Congratulations on your 1 step… but… there is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong road for you…on or without methadone, you must know that… however, you do not have much choice, a? Either a loooong road with no drugs or a short one with heroin, there are 2 ways…
I suggest you forget about your “friends” from the past 2, 3 years, including your dealers. This will make easier for you. If you have the chance, move away from the place you live, the best would be in another city… but this still doesn’t solve your problem… it is all in your HEAD… remember this for ever!
Find new people, people that have no whatsoever contact with drugs, no alcohol, no marijuana etc. NOTHING…CLEAN PEOPLE!!! Try finding a job, do sport, get a dog, focus on something!!!! It would also be good to go to a therapy.
2 years is not such a long addiction, but it will be hard enough, you will be mislead and you will plenty times want to do it again…just once more, this is the last time… you will say to yourself… NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do not start it it is a heck of lot harder to get off from then anything ever I think it should be banned It has damn messed up my life and I need it My back it like a piece of tin crumbled up cant walk in the am cant sleep at night

hey. i had a big lortab addiction for two years. then i started slamming heroin for about a year or so. i went to a lockdown (court ordered) facility because I got arrested and wanted to quit. I was there for about 7 months. i was soo happy i was finally clean. i tried so many times and could not do it. i got released and stayed clean for two months. then i saw my brother run outside and jump in a car for two seconds so i knew he got heroin, plus the guy in the car was ant my old dealer. my bro left the number on our house phone caller i.d and the next day i called and bought some coke and heroin. BAM i started doing it everyday and this happened feb. 2010. i was back in the same terrible spot and i was like f**k what am i gonna do!!! i tried quitting but there was just no way i could do it. i decided to go to a methadone clinic. i got on methadone. i'm not doing heroin. i'm not lying and stealing from people. i feel great and can work. i'm not spending all my paycheck on dope. and the clinic is set up so that i can not misuse or abuse the methadone. it is addicting. it is strong. it will make you sick if you don't have it. but it stilll lets you lead a good productive life . when you decide you want to get off of it you and your counselors will start reducing your dose. anyway the only way I stop doing dope when i get addicted is if it's taken care of with medicine or I go behind bars. good luck

Go to a methadone clinic and do a 30 day detox. During and After the detox, get councelling, stay away from your drug friends. Learn as much as you can about addiction and recovery. Go to AA, not NA because Na is loaded with addicts who are constantly on and off drugs and want friends to accompany them in their misery, you can not trust them, only yourself. Dont tell AA you are an addict, just follow the steps - they are the same. AA is predjudiced about methadone and drugs, so tell them you are an alchoholic, substitute the word alchohol for the word for your drug of choice. And for god's sake, don't drink alchohol. An addict is an addict, no matter the substance or action of choice. Never do any opiate again. If it worked for me, it will work for you. Do not go on methadone maintenance, it is more horrible to detox off of than heroin. I promise. Maintenance will keep you on it forever--chained to a clinic, paying paying paying and never being free. Good luck.