Hi, I have a terrible problem. It does not let me sleep. You see, I have I baby boy. He is now twenty two months old. We, his parents, have not noticed anything wrong with him. However, we are worried now. Our baby does not response when we call him by his name. Is there something you can tell me about twenty two months old not responding to name calling?

Hi, I can understand your concerns. It is very difficult to accept or even believe that a child has a problem. I think I know what can be causing your twenty two months old baby not to respond to name calling. Most cases of this sort have been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder or some other mental development problems. You should take your baby to the doctor. There are some tests that can serve as indicators to these kinds of conditions. However, the disorder cannot be diagnosed before the age of three or four. That is why it is important to visit the doctor as soon as possible so that possible measures of prevention can be applied. I hope that everything turns out great for both your baby and you.