okay, well im a 13 year old girl, and i have really liked this guy for about a year now, he goes to my swimming so i get to see him in his swim wear <3 and he talks to me all the time, we can tell when there is something wrong over the computer, we tell each other everything and we allways make each other laugh, the problem is he is 4 years older than me, i dont know if he likes m back and when i told my best friend she stood there and said you can do better than him! but i dont care what she thinks, i dont care what any of my friends think, he is really kind and sweet and the most amazing person in the world so is 17 too old for a 13 year old?....

HI look im 15 and i say yes he is way to old for you. yea you like him and he may like you but he can go to jail if anyone found out. and i dont think you want that to happen do you.

but whats the difference betwwen me and him and lets say a 20 and 24 year old? :-(

the main reason is the developmental level between 17 and 13. People of these ages differ greatly in both maturity and physical matters. Generally, the younger the ages, the more of a difference it is. When you're over 40, there can be as much as a twenty year difference, however people 12-16 should only be dating up to one year apart. If you're still not satisfied, and you feel that a four year difference doesn't matter in any case, look at 13 and 9.

Source: My older brother was on the other end of the spectrum. He understood that a young girl had a crush on him, and was somewhat okay if they remained only friends, but he harbored no feelings for her. So... yeah.
I hope I've helped