My two year old son has been having horrible constipation for a couple months now. He was put on antibiotics back in November and we fixed the constipation then, but recently it has gotten worse. He screams when he has to go and turns bright red. I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself when he tries to go. When I go to clean him after he goes I need another person to hold his legs because he's screaming and wont open his legs so I can clean him up. All that is coming out now is a little yellow liquid. Any help would be great, I'm terrifed that he's going to hurt himself while trying to go. Thanks.

Sounds like a trip to the doctor is back in order. He could be getting compacted - which is a little more serious than constipation. In either case it seems like something that could easily be corrected with medication. He should not be that uncomfortable without getting some sort of intervention!

Good luck to you and the little one!

Thank you. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow and hopefully the snow isn't that bad so I can get him in.

hi,

it sounds like you might need to take your baby to a pedi gastroentorologist. they deal with everything from stomach upset to
even constipation. now they might want to do some testing that might be a bit uncomfortable for you to deal with being the mommy,
but it will determine if your baby boy has something as little as a simple digestive isssue or even a intestinal/colon disease. you should and i hope you do for his sake, take him to get checked by a gastroentorologist. i've suffered all my life due to my mother not doing what she should have. i wish you the best of luck with your baby boy.