I am 4 weeks late for my period now and have several negtive urine pregnancy test results.
My doctor looked at me like i was stupid when i asked about doing an hcg blood test.
I am really looking for some people who have been in the same boat as me and found out what was wrong. Am i pregnant?
Laura x

i think its time for a new dr. theres a such thing as getting false negatives early on in a pregnancy. you could be pregnant.

Hey. My name is Candy. I haven't had my period since August 3rd, 2009. So Im kind of in the same boat as you. But I got one positive pregnancy test and a negative. I ended up being not pregnant though. I would suggest you to go to your obgyn and ask for an ultrasound because you havent gotten your period in so long. I have PCOS. Right now I feel like I am having symptoms. It is a guessing game. If you do an ultrasound, they will either do a pelvic or internal ultrasound. They usually do the pelvic first. Are you having any symptoms? Do you get regular periods? Any cramps?

Hi Candy,
I thought you couldn't get a false positive?
I am going for a scan on the 15th March. Doc told me just to wait till my period starts. I don't know why he didn't do an hcg blood test to check for pregnancy.
I had been on the pill for nearly 10 years and had normal periods then when i came off the pill last july i have had a period every month with 30 - 40 days between each period .
I've had period like cramps round about the time my period was due but it didn't turn up.
Laura x

the cramping could be your uterus stretching and you could be pregnant. what every happened to us getting what tests we wanted done? i think if you want an HCG blood test done and you're paying for it then you have the right to have it done. not having your period isnt normal so that should of put up a red flag to the DR. I would check out another gyno in your area and ask them whats going on and see if they will run the tests. some DR's can give you more answers then others can. Good luck with everything and ive never heard of getting a false positive. ive always heard of false negative.

Birth Control can mess up your period when you first get off of them. I didn't think you could get a false positive, but I did. Did you have any sex that you think you might be pregnant? Like do you have any symptoms except the cramping?

excuse me if im wrong, but i thought that coming off of your birth control would only make it a little late that month but i didnt think 4weeks thats 2 months. i came off mine and i got my period right away. i hated birth control. it made me bloated, naseous, moody, tired i never wanted to get up and go to my classes or work so i got off of it and had no problem with my period. it wasnt 4weeks late.

it can be different with a lot of people. I havent took my bc since august and when i stopped i ended up getting really bad cramps that i had to go to the hospital. I couldnt stand or anything. I was always depressed when I was on birth control. You are lucky that you got your period right away

yea i guess so. i took it for about 3 months and i was like nope i cant take this anymore so i quit taking it. they had me on ortho tri cyclin lo or however you spell it.

yea im not sure if i took that one. I took like 4 or 5 of them.

am 71 days late and no period i have been feel morning sickness and anything above i got a negative home pregnancy test and last week a negative blood pregnancy test... did i test to early or wht? if i dnt start on aug 19th then am going to redo the blood test