My husband and I are having problems with our little boy. He is 3 year old impulsive and screams a lot. Sometimes we calm him down immediately, but usually we have a lot of problems with him. Even if we raise our voices we cannot seem to handle him. I assume that this entire situation has some connection with the birth of our second child 6 months ago.

It is quite possible that your older child is jealous of the younger one. He feels as if less attention is given to him now and he sees his little brother as the cause of it. Impulsiveness and screaming is his way of expressing his discontent. Do not divide them, show the same amount of love and care for each of them, he will eventually behave as before.

Well,
The jealousy towards the younger child is very normal in children who are older two or three years. You have to understand that the whole focus that was on him was shifted towards the younger child and now he sees him as an enemy. Have you notices any violent behavior from your older son to the younger child? The important thing is to not let him hurt the younger child. You need to work with your older child more to show him that you care for both of them. It is important for him to understand that this younger child in the house in not a something that is threatening him. I hope that this helped you.

Good luck,
Karel