I have a problem. I have returned from a hospital with baby in my hands and a four-year-old child awaited me at home. I need to know how to deal with a newborn baby and the older kid in the same time? I just hope there will not be any problems. I heard that older kids might be jealous about babies…

That is correct, but then again, if you show him that you love him just as before, this problem might be avoided. But still, you have to be careful, in some rare cases, older kids might even physically harm a little baby if they feel their status is endangered. Good thing is, 4 years is not such a small age, and you should be able to reason with your older child.

Well,
this is a question that many mother ask themself when they have more children. The answer is not simple and you have to understand that you will have to make some kind of plan that will benefit you the most in this situation. You have to work with your older child no to get jealous with the baby because this can only complicate things. If your older child is cooperating well you will safe a big amount of time. Also try to prepare things as much as you can in advance and talk to your husband to help you when he is home. I hope that you will make it and that this won’t be a big burden to you.

Good luck,
Karel