I have been suffering from horrible night sweats for several years now and none of my doctors have been able to figure out why. It is so bad that for the last year I have had to sleep with beach towels. I am always exhausted from never getting a good nights sleep but I also wonder if fatigue could be an underlying symptom of the bigger problem. It seems to be that when I sleep, my internal thermostat just does not work. As soon as I start to fall asleep, my body becomes very, very hot (but I do not register a temperature) and I will begin to sweat. My body heat is so intense that my boyfriend sometimes finds it uncomfortable to sleep next to me. Not to mention that I will, eventually, wake up soaking wet - hair and all. Even the backs of my legs are soaked. Ugh. I am sooo tired of this...

I have had dozens of blood tests including thyroid. I am not menopausal and I am not currently taking any medications that would cause this (or so my doctors say I am not). I am genuinely suffering with this and am at my wit's end. Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions?

thanks in advance

I have the same issue, did you find out what it was? Thank you

Hi Guest,
What is your age? You may be experiencing peri-menopausal symptoms or premature ovarian failure. Go to the doctors and let them know your symptoms and google POF.