Hi im 37 years of age and would like another child, I have 2 children 11 and 9, they are growing up and the house seems quiet without them, they dont need me as much and really miss the feeling of they needing me... My husband and I have decided to try for another child. I got pregnant really easy with my other 2 however fear because of my age it just wont happen this time round for me... I ovulated on the 15/16 day of a 28 day cycle . I have 5 more days to go before period is due and feel nothin different at all. i should know by now how my body works.. i think because its been so long since i was pregant last time ive completely forgot. Plus last time i did no research and pot lucked everythin.. This is my second month of TTC and think its another month will no success. What are your views on this please x

Hi Carolino! Even though statistics show that it IS harder to become pregnant the older yu get! Does NOT mean that it is impossible! Most healthy fertile couples can take upto a year to conceive! So don't be so disheartened right now OK? Every pregnancy is different, and you might be pregnant or not! I usually tell women to wait a good 21 days after possible conception to be able to have a high enough HCG reading! In the meantime of waiting, start taking prenatal vitamins - these REALLY help with YOUR fertility! OK? Raise your buttocks after and have sex as much as possible! Do you know for sure when you are ovulating?

Hi bambi27,, Thankyou so much for replying,,, yes i ovulated on the 15/16day of my cycle. My period started on he 13th of May so that was day 1. I used the clearblue digital and got a smiley face on those two days. Yeah we have had lots of TTc and have done the raising of the buttocks lol.... I think it will take me a long time this time round,, i really hate the calculating because every month is a long long month.. Everyone says try and forget about it and relax it will just happen. This is very true and and not stressing however fo find it hard to forget because of tracking all the days. So have decided im going to go on slimming world the health optin that way im eating healthy and having my mind focused on something else. My next AF is the 9th June and yes I really know it will come,, big sad face for me.. I just know I think you know how your body goes into that mode at the end of the month... I have no symptons , no tummy pains, nothin... I cant remember how i felt with my other two I think it was a missed period. Oh well my hubby seems to be having fun trying and thinks his birthday has come all at once lol Thanks so much for your reply it means alot to me nowing im not on my own ..xxx big hugs and lots of babydust to yourself... Could you tell me about your circumstances would love to know.

Hi bambi27,, Thankyou so much for replying,,, yes i ovulated on the 15/16 th day of my cycle. My period started on the 13th May so that was day 1. I used the clearblue digitl ovulation test and got a smiley face on those two days. Yeah we have had lots of TTC and have done the raising of the buttocks lol... I think it will take me a long time this time round,, I really hate the calculating becuase every month is a long long month only to be disappoing and start all over again. Everyone says try and forget about it and relax it will just happen, this is very true and not im not stressing but cant forget because of all the tracking of the days. So I've decided im going to go on slimming world this way i forget about babies and concentrate on eating healthy aswell as losing weight. Im due on the 9th June and think this month is also a little sad, have no symptons nothin. Oh well at least my hubby is having a great time. Big hugs and lots of babydust to yourself.. Could you tell me about your circumstances would love to know.xx

I tell ALL women to have sex EVERY day! Thus I get flowers from their partners!!!! ;-) XD I am quite serious about that, to me why spoend money on an ovulator test when you don't need to miss 1 day! My husband was SO happy that I had come to this decisision about constant sex, so he was DEVESTATED to hear that it worked the 1st time!!!! XD He had read that it can take upto 1 year, so he thought -- just like your hubby - that ALL celebrations were happening all at once! I can NEVER be able to describe the look on his face when after 1 month of trying the nurse said "Looks good out there" (refering to my pee test) It was a mixture of these looks o.O :O :-( :-D XD :'( >:( %-) o.O :-)

I wanted 7 children, but had to end that journey when I had to have a hysterectomy! I have 2 boys - both conceived on the same date!!! And due on the same date! Weird heh? I just knew which side I would be more fertile from - my left - so that is when I REALLY tried! The biggest 1st sign is pain in the breast, enlargement of the aerolas and stiffness of the nipples! Then the lower back, buttocks, hips and thighs! RU taking the prenatal vitamins?

Hi bambi,, im taking folic acid and vitamin b,, i bought b6 but not sure which one is the best... i conceived really easy with my first two but the doctor said it might take me a little longer this time round. My AF is due to start in 2 days and just feel like it will... i did a test yesterday but negative so no hope this month then. I had constant sex last month and god was I fed up at the end lol I think once i ovulated i had a break, so needed ha. My daughter who is 11 would love a little brother or sister so I hope i can give her what she wants. I think this time round im more relaxed and can give my 3rd a little more of my time.. Sorry to hear about your hysterectomy I know that must of been hard to deal with.. :-(

It was REALLY hard, I cried all the way into the operating room! BUT I am glad I had it done, it has increased my quality of life!

I would really like you to take a full Prenatal Vitamin, it's not just the Folic Acid, but the Biotin, the B's and also Vitamin D! There is a natural one too - with the same vitamins, but also herbs! I know what you mean about being exhausted!!! ;-) 8-| BUT I was a woman on a mission and would NOT take "No" for an answer - even though my hubbey would NEVER use No and Sex in the same sentence!!!! ;-) o.O XD XD XD 8-|

MANY specialits and cultures say that when you REALLY want sex - this is the time of higher potential to get pregnant! Also did you know that when a woman is menstruating she will be more attracted to a wealthier man over a man who is sexier? It's ALL about survival of the fittest! So just take it easy and take te pills and relax - it WILL happen, just might take a little longer than usual!

Hi bambi27,,, I will try anythin at moment so will definately give vitamins ago,, have even given hubby vitamins aswell ha bless , my mum had an hysterectomy and she has said the same as you given her a new lease of life... I glad I have got someone to talk to about all this its nice to no your not on your own... Also when i was younger I never knew about all this menstrual phases,, ovulation,, opk etc.. Sometimes I think knowing too much can be a pain because ive started to worry about if my phases are good.. I know they are but I just worry... I thought i would ovulate on the 14th so when no smiley face came i was gutted..it was pot luck finding it out when i did,, i had two tests left and just thought i would try one on saturday and bingo a smiley face,,, i thought having a 28 day cycle that day 15/16 was late.. but ive got to think the other way and say well at least i ovulated lol How old are your children ??? Thanks again for all your support

Hi everybody,
I'm sorry to just pop in like this, but I just wonder if any of you have any information on acupuncture and pregnancy?
I've been seeing some headlines from time to time, where they mention acupuncture as treatment for infertility. I would like to hear your opinion on this.

All the best

I'm a GREAT believer in other medicines - herbal, Asian, Native etc! These herbs and techniques have been used for thousands of years! So why do WE - as westerners - feel that we need a Perscription number to validate it's effectiveness! I have had a LOT of accupuncture through the years and when I went for "special" acupuncture it helped me a LOT! Accupuncture for fertility is used on the principle that the CHI - Energy Flow - helps blood flow to the uterus and the uterus to relax making a conceived egg more accepted by the body! German specialists found that when Accupuncture was used in the 2nd part of their menstrual cycle (the luteal phase)! This study was used for women undergoing IVF! I STRONGLY believe in massage as well, to release tense muscles and enable us to relax - as they use the pressure point system - similar to Accupuncture! The way I see it, there is NO problems associated with Accupuncture, so you might have everything to gain and nothing to loose!