:-) Hello everyone, I just had bunion & hammertoe surgery on my R foot and all 3 toes after big toe on June 30th and the same proceedure on my L foot on July 14th. I can honestly say that it is not as bad as all the horror stories I've received. I heard it's as bad as having a child. I don't know maybe I just have high pain tolerance becauase I have two children and honestly the contractions were the hard part not actually having the children. What I will say is that being as though I'm R handed and I favor my R foot as well, my L foot hurt a litltle more than my R. But I am now on my way back to work on Friday after a month off, of course with my surgical shoes with me. I don't mind too much that their UGLY because they're actually comfortable. But I have a wonderful Podiatrist and she did a wonderful job on me. I was so ashamed of my feet when I would go to the beach or wear flip flops but I would like to thank Dr. Stacey Paukovitz for giving me new feet!!! I will be putting the web site up on my before & after photos of my feet & will continue with the progression process for those who care LOL. Thanks for listening. For those who soon to be having surgery don't be scared, everybody's body is different and you have to go in with a good attitude, that's how you receive great results from anything. GREAT THOUGHTS, GREAT RESULTS!!

Ms. Thaddeus
Trenton, NJ :-D

Hi Ms. Thaddeus, I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out well for you! It sounds like you really recovered perfectly from the surgery and I really am glad that you're doing well. Do you have any tips for helping to recover quickly from the surgery? Thanks for posting your positive experiences!

Hi! I just had surgery on July 17th. However, I can now wear New Balance walkers (athletic shoe) inside and my doctor says I can start driving next week. I'm 4 weeks out. I'm wondering what do you mean you still wear your surgical shoes to work? Are you still wearing the boot you wore right after surgery? Thanks.

Wow!! I'm on day 12 post op of my R foot. I'm soo thankful for you posting this information. I also had a bunion and 3 hammertoes removed/repaired. My doctor said i could walk on my R foot immediately after surgery although i used a cane and crutches for the first 7 day. I now feel confutable driving with my surgical shoe and walking for short periods but was a little skeptical about having my left foot done in just a few days. This would be my 2 week post op of my R foot. Please let me know how your doing and how long you went before wearing high heels.lol

Thanks:)