My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex for about a year now about the time I got off my birth control. My period is sometimes a day or two late but it's never been 6 days late before. I was waiting for it to start but it still hasn't came. I didn't start noticing any symptoms until just recently. The other day my nose started randomly bleeding, I felt nauseous when I smelt eggs and cheese that my boyfriend had cooked. My lower back aches as soon as I wake up, small pains in my stomach, etc. I have taken 2 hpt and both were negative. I am wondering if it is to soon to test yet and if this may just be a delayed pms?

@ DDA, I am going through a somewhat similar situation. My periods are 6 days late. I took 2 hpt and 1 blood test- all were negative. My periods used to come very 30 days( always regular). I am noticing symptoms too- back ache and nipples. These symptoms (like u r experiencing) may be because of PMS. I think we should wait a little more till we get our periods. If you are very eager, visit a doc and check your blood hcg levels as the hormone levels would be more in blood than in urine... be happy always..

It is hard to wait but I know its probably the best thing to do. The only thing that bothers me is that I see all these women saying "oh I took a hpt 4 days before my period and it came back positive." I'm starting to wonder whats wrong with me since I've been off birth control for a year and still haven't gotten pregnant. Hopefully we can wait the storm out!!